OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Corian call ........ finally

Started by .308, April 24, 2011, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I haven't turned anything for a while.  I've hunted some and have been pretty busy with work and youth baseball.  Back in February, I had some corian scraps and wanted to turn them into a call.  At the time I was trying my hand at laminated calls and I thought I might as well try some corian also.  I sawed some strips, glued them up and let them set.  I cut the first pot out 2 weeks ago but cracked it trying to attach my faceplate to mount it on the lathe.  I was a little more careful this time.  I am about 80% finished. 

Happy Easter!!!

Thanks,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

cleanslate

bowhunter84

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cannonball

bird

You know I'm not a fan of laminate calls but I do like that call allot!

Very Nice!!!  :icon_thumright:

bird

kenturkey89

Brian

drenalinld

That is a great looking pot! Let us know how it sounds. What surface will you use on it?

I have two custom calls with pots turned out of corian. One is aluminum surface and the other is glass. They have become a couple of my favorites. there is a resonating quality that I haven't heard in any other pots. The soft clucks and purrs seam to carry further and the yelps and cutts can ring out as good as any box call. The guy who made them for me at my suggestion to try corian, will not make any more because it was difficult to turn.