Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Franchi Affinity Compact Finally Got Its Makeover+ Venom/Fastfire Question

Started by Coop1082, July 31, 2018, 08:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Picked up this little gun last year right before the season for a killer price. Threw a set of Williams Fire Sights on it, sited in, and took the woods. It was responsible for 4 dead birds. 3 stubborn Alabama Easterns and my first Merriam's in Washington so to say I love this little thing is an understatement. I treated it this week to a cerakote job done by a local place which consists of OD Green on the stock and forearm with patriot brown on the receiver and barrel. Also I took a Fastfire mount from Sumtoy to the same fellas and had them drill and tap as well as install the mount. Just missing a Venom or Fastfire and I'll be sitting on G and waiting on O for March to roll back around! I do have a question for you guys who already have a Fastfire or Venom mounted on your killer. When the guys drilled and tapped the gun, as you can see in the picture they went closer to midway up the receiver then the standard near the rear of the receiver that I see most guys running when it comes to their dots. It's my fault for not telling them exactly where I wanted the mount at but the question is, does anyone who has a Venom or Fastfire on their gun have one mounted further up the receiver and are there any sight picture or problems that arise from having one that far forward? Thanks for the read and any answers fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

mrclif

No problems at all. Yours is mounted same area it is on my 870. I also run Vortex red dot on my carry pistol distance from eye really doesnt matter much.

BrowningGuy88

PharmHunter

Coop1082

Thanks for the input fellas! I enjoyed the mess out of carrying it this past spring so I can't wait to have it fully upgraded to my liking and ready for next year.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

3bailey3

Looks awesome and I think the mount is perfect, congrats Coop on the killer!

kwild835

tree-rat sniper

NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Jrkimbrough

Gobbler2577

I bought the same gun for my son last year and found myself carrying it a lot.  It is a handy little gun and points and shoots like a dream. 

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk