turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fastfire 2 or Fastfire 3 Pros/Cons

Started by 1iagobblergetter, July 30, 2018, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Im wanting to put one on my sons 870 20gauge youth compact. Looking for the most trouble free ease of use one out of the 2 mentioned. All help appreciated..

wbpc

I prefer the ff 3 because you can change the battery without removing it from the base. That's about the only difference that I know of. Batteries last a long time in them, but it's nice to know you can change the battery in the field if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

I like the ff2 because it's either on or off, doesn't have the 4 position switch like the ff3.

Jbird22

Quote from: Roost 1 on July 31, 2018, 08:16:36 PM
I like the ff2 because it's either on or off, doesn't have the 4 position switch like the ff3.
^^^This! The FF2 has less that can go wrong with it compared to the FF3 IMO.

Fdept56

Has anyone ever had any trouble with dirt getting in the light sensor on their II? I just got one and would rather not use the cover since I'm mounting it with a protector but the automatic red dot kind of worries me.

sixbird

Never had ANY trouble with Fast Fire III. I don't have a protector or a cover. The auto adjustment that senses the light level and adjusts automatically covers about any light condition. You can, if you like, manually adjust but the auto does fine in all but very rare light conditions.

sixbird

To the original poster...Fast Fire III is trouble free and easy to operate. With Fast Fire II you'll need to remove sight to change batteries. I've never owned one (FF II) but that feature would worry me. Any time you remove a sight, there's the possibility that your point of aim will change.
Otherwise, Fast Fires are durable and reliable. Forever warranty to the original owner and any subsequent ones. No need to register. Just send it to them, no questions asked repair or replacement.
I'd recommend FF III without reservation.