turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking to build a NEF 10

Started by turkeybill34, April 24, 2011, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeybill34

Have some questions,how hard is it to find thumb hole stocks?is it hard to find one with threads for chokes?And do they com drilled for scopes standard or will i have to do so myself?Trying to figure out how much I'm gonna have in it.Thanks

Beretta686

I too am building a NEF 10.  I just had the barrell cut and threaded. It was already drilled and tapped. I was looking for a pistol grip stock, but am not able to find one for a 10 and it will not mount. So far have not found a stock, thumbhole is not available from the factory eithr.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

presdme

Hi, I started out with h&r ultra slugger deluxe 12 gauge. Its a tack driver,50 yards 3 shot all touching. Then I ordered a composite thumbhole stock from the factory to match. After that I ordered a 10 gauge turkey barrel from the factory. It comes with a screw in choke and they are drilled and tapped for a scout scope mount (drilled about 1/2 way down barrel). I personally did not care for that style so I then had it drilled for a regular scope mount put on a Bushnell trophy, added a kicks gobblin thunder choke tube. It shoots winchester supreme #6 180s and up at 40 yards in 10 inch circle. So now I have a slug gun that will shoot with the best out there and a good turkey gun all in the same case. Switch over from deer to turkey is a screwdriver and 60 seconds!! Gotta love these h&rs!! Good luck and GOOD HUNTIN!!!!

Just found a used h&r 10 gauge turkey special drilled for scope with removable choke 225.00 delivered to your ffl.

turkeybill34

Thanks for info,figured I will keep eye's peeled at the local gun shops and try and find on that was close to what I want but if not gonna build for next year.Good info keep it coming,

BrowningGuy88

You will find your laminated stocks at Boyds Gunstocks. Just google them. They make quality stuff.

presdme

Daman is 100% correct. In fact thats who makes them for h@r. Good stuff!!

turkeybill34

mohunter

Will the H&R 12ga stocks not fit on the 10ga ????

turkeybill34

gobbler74

Quote from: mohunter on May 03, 2011, 09:52:27 AM

Good Q:

I know if you look up aftermarket..they list everything but the 10 but may take some R&D work to know for sure .. an H&R with a synthetic shurshot type of stock would be sweet..theres a mossy oak breakup 10 H&R at a local mom and pops here that would be a good candidate..short barrel and threaded too 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: mohunter on May 03, 2011, 09:52:27 AM

The butt stock will from Boyd's. You will need to specify 10gauge/12 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter to get the correct fore end from H&R.

turkeybill34