OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Laser scanner  (Read 1789 times)

Sanatorium

Laser scanner
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
I've been working with the laser scanner at work to scan some of the tone boards I use to reverse engineer them and make jigs from the data. Here is one of the first I have done this morning.  This is an open reed type board. I can pretty much scan any type tone boards or even the inside of a trumpet call and collect data to duplicate it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Laser scanner
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
So, your telling everyone this so they will send other makers calls to you to copy inside and out??

Your going to have a bunch of people real upset at you and whoever you make jigs for.  But I'm sure you knew that already.
Mark

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:00:31 AM »
It would be unwise to assume that he's the only person doing it. He is the only  one talking about it openly.

Sanatorium

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:53:14 AM »
First of lonehowl...i never said or asked anyone to send me anything..for you to assume that...well it shows where your mind went...very shallow
My intent was for anyone who was or is a call maker I could possibly scan their tone board to make them a jig if they wanted in the future. This technology has been around for sometime now. And I know I'm not the only one who has used this. How do you think wade makes hard jigs for duck call makers when they send him their hand made board?
Reverse engineering and laser scanning has been is use for many years in many industries.  If I really wanted someone's design I could have done it years ago with just a cmm and shadowgraph.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
Right.