OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Two more calls in the mail on Monday. Edit: Added 3 Soundfiles.  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
I got in my ambrosia maple ceramic pot call in the mail on Monday from Stumpy and have to say it looks and sounds great, this is my first ceramic call other than the old Quaker Boy Trifecta I have that is slate, copper and ceramic and have to say this ceramic looks and sounds much better than the Quaker Boy ever did. The strikers are redhear and webwood and bacote and maple

I also got in my spalted maple scratch box with canary wood striker from Mike at Spring Creep Calls and it is also a very nice piece. It is different from other scratch boxes I have as it does not have the tall raised lip but after a few messages and a video he shared with me I am getting much better with it. Thanks for all the help Mike.

I am going to try to find a kid in the area that does not have much money and give them my old calls now that I have gotten into the custom stuff. I threw in the last picture just because I had mentioned the call.

Edit: Here are 3 soundfiles, first two are with the strikers he sent and last is with a Tulipwood Striker. I am not the greatest caller, so judge me not the call please. https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/sets/ambrosia-maple-pot-call
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:12:39 AM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
Re: Two more calls in the mail on Monday.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »
Very nice!  You got two good ones.  I really like Mikes scratchers, they are slick.

Online outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:35:37 PM »
Awesome  calls
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline fishr64

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:07:53 PM »
You got a couple good ones Sir!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
Very nice!  You got two good ones.  I really like Mikes scratchers, they are slick.
Thank you, yes it is pretty slick. Neat finding another style of them, the first one I ever had had a piece of slate you struck it against on a piece of wood and the box had the classic lip. I will have to ask him where he gets that chalk from, I know you can't use chalkboard chalk but have not seen it in any other way except maybe sidewalk chalk. I would like to make a soundfile of it but I am not good enough with it yet so I haven't.

I will try to add a soundfile of Stumpy's tomorrow or Sunday, I have a friend coming over for homemade spaghetti tomorrow so time will be tight.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:49 PM »
Awesome  calls
Thanks, they both did a wonderful job.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
You got a couple good ones Sir!
Thanks.

John Koenig:

Offline Clardh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
Congratulations on two nice calls and what a fine gesture to give your calls to a young sportsman. Kids are super appreciative of such a gift. Good job!

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:02 PM »
Congratulations on two nice calls and what a fine gesture to give your calls to a young sportsman. Kids are super appreciative of such a gift. Good job!
I agree X2

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:45 PM »

[/quote] Chris O
I agree X2 [/quote]

Thank you both, the guy that mentored me in archery really instilled in me the giving back gesture, I can't even begin to tell you how much archery equipment and a few gun things I have given to young ones and to those that are just starting in hunting or a new aspect of hunting/fishing, I truly believe that is how we nurture out future in the sports. This is why I was so grateful to Cut N Run when he gave me the long box, it was like it going full circle if that make any sense.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:15:23 AM by Sir-diealot »

John Koenig:

Offline Clardh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:52 AM »
It sure does make sense! When I was younger and just started to learn about hunting, for me it was all about the kill. Now that I am older, I have learned it is more about the experience and the friendships that are forged. Hunting has blessed me in so many ways. Without it, I do believe I would be an empty vessel.

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 08:06:37 AM »
Congrats on some great calls!!! That stumpy ceramic is good one

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 10:01:20 AM »
It sure does make sense! When I was younger and just started to learn about hunting, for me it was all about the kill. Now that I am older, I have learned it is more about the experience and the friendships that are forged. Hunting has blessed me in so many ways. Without it, I do believe I would be an empty vessel.
I understand that sentiment completely.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »
Congrats on some great calls!!! That stumpy ceramic is good one
Thank you, I really like it, even if it did not play well I love the wood on it, I am glad it looks and plays well though! :D I really like both of them. Getting ready to add some sound files but I have to upload to Soundcloud first.

John Koenig:

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
Re: Two more calls in the mail on Monday. Edit: Added 3 Soundfiles.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »
I agree X2
         X3   Really  nice gesture don't forget to mentor. Really nice calls too !   :z-winnersmiley:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!