OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Easter Sunday 04-24-2011.....and they remembered His words.

Started by pappy, April 24, 2011, 10:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

The resurrection of Jesus had taken place, the tomb now lie empty, His garments folded neatly, only two strange men standing in shining garments...needless to say, they, who stood looking inside for Jesus,  were confused and afraid.
Then these words entered their ears...." Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen, remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words."
The anxiety of hopelessness ... after all they were taught ... after all they saw ... after all their prayers ... the followers of Christ stood in the empty tomb with fear in their hearts instead of faith ... why ?
Because they listened with their ears and not their hearts. Even as the words of these two angelic beings, resounded in their ears , their hearts over rode their ears and they "remembered" what Jesus had told them several times, His torture, disgrace and crucifixion was to be ... and on the third day after His burial He was going to rise up from the grave ... and Prasie God He Did !!!  :jesus-cross:
Through this firstfruit of resurrection, we are, as believers, given the gift of true hope in a world of hopelessness, that after all of our earthly sufferings, after all of our trials and tribulations, after a life of dissapointments and shame, we too, by faith, will rise up and spend eternity with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ !!!  Imagine with me, when Christ was crucified and He died, the skies went black, the earth shook, the dead came up out of their graves, the Temple veil ripped from top to bottom...the scene had to be horrifying...just like our lives were before we came to know Jesus as our Savior, but on the third day.........as Jesus stepped out of that borrowed tomb, the world came alive again...the barren ground was full of beautiful blooms...the darkened skies suddenly became the most blessed blue....the sun warmed the cold and bleak air...the birds that went silent in mourning, now sang their songs of joy....how things must have changed.  :bible:
Please, if you are reading this, and your life has been nothing but shambles, I ask of you to consider how one man, the Son of God, changed everything, just by stepping of of His tomb....I ask you, to take the opportunity to do the same, call on the name of Jesus, ask Him into your heart, seek the forgiveness of God, and believe....not with your ears, but with your heart.....that Jesus, lived and died and rose again for your Salvation...do not let your situation rule your eternal state...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

Duke0002

He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

Thank you, Jack.  He lives and so do we!

BOFF

Jesus is Alive!!

Thank you s Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.

Beretta686

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Roost Wrecker

He is risen thank you lord like that old song says
Living he loved me
dying he saved me
buried he carried my sins far away
rising he justified freed me forever
one day he's coming back glorious day

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer