OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pinhoti Project  (Read 50733 times)

Offline HILBY72

Re: Pinhoti Project
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2018, 02:35:32 PM »
If there is going to be a Pinhoti 19 you need to include PA......I'd like to see you, Chubs. and Squirrel whip some of them birds.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
If there is going to be a Pinhoti 19 you need to include PA......I'd like to see you, Chubs. and Squirrel whip some of them birds.

Throw Western MD in the mix. It will either make me feel good or bad about myself  :toothy12:

Offline Flounder

• Field Rep for Collard Patch Camo
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »
Home sick with nasty upper respiratory infection and started from day one. Up to, I think day 8 with the swamp buggy with squirrel.
This is awsome!!! Should have done this when I was younger but we didn't have Turkeys until 1998 and haven't missed an opportunity since.
Thanks Cove for making me feel like I'm with you.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »
That's the thing that I think separates Pinhoti from everything else. It's like you're there...Good stuff!!!

Offline 3chunter

« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2019, 09:30:50 PM »
I regret not doing something like this when I got out of college.  Would be awesome and you guys are lucky to be able to accomplish it.   Hunt on in 2019!

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2019, 03:49:14 PM »
Dave, I'm not on face book but i did hear about your last post from a friend.  I feel there does not need to be any changes if Pinhoti 19 does happen (which I really hope it does) because you brought us the videos as it really happens in the woods.  I really enjoyed every video and I appreciate you doing this. I know its a busy time of year with deer season ending and entering the holidays but i'm curious if you might still be planning a vest dump and showing us the alterations you guys make to your vests. THANKS and I have learned a few things from your videos.

Thanks! There will be some more instructional stuff coming out in the future and a vest dump may very well be a part of that. Just got the website published yesterday (finally) and trying to wrap my head around a Pinhoti 2019. It's a lot to think about.
     X2   Along w/the bino holder and dead bird carry strap and leafy suit brand.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
Pinhoti Project
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2019, 10:59:29 PM »
Thanks for the entire series Dave.
I just had knee surgery and spent the last three days watching every video from the first till the last while I’m laid up.
Should be healed up and ready by season, the videos sure have me fired up about going. All I can think about after that last hunt of the year is the first one of next year. Nothing I’d rather do than hunt turkeys.
Hope you guys decide to do it again.
Really enjoyed it.

Offline jryser

« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »
AND there’s a new video up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ditchdigger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2019, 11:33:42 PM »
TTT..For those who haven't seen these videos yet (including me), now is a good time to catch up on them with the season approaching......Enjoying them very much. You're welcome

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2019, 08:01:35 AM »
Also Dave is calling in the Grand National championship today assuming he made the cut yesterday. I never could figure out if he did.

Offline Ranger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2019, 08:23:50 AM »
Also Dave is calling in the Grand National championship today assuming he made the cut yesterday. I never could figure out if he did.

I believe the Champ gets a Bye in the prelims for the following year, he's in.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Offline jryser

« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »

I believe the Champ gets a Bye in the prelims for the following year, he's in.
Correct.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
Great job today Dave.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
Congrats Dave!

Offline SwampMoss

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »
Congrats today Cove. Finished up watching Pinhoti project today...I was slow to hear about it. Hope there’s a 2019 edition in the works