OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Rem 870 worth buying???

Started by Terry, May 29, 2018, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

I hear so much negative stuff about Remington's current quality issues, I'm wondering if a new 870 20 gauge s worth buying?? I already have a barrel for the gun that shoots well, I just need a gun

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

eddie234

I bought one a few years ago at my local pawn shop for 100.00.
May be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

donjuan

I have a 20 gauge compact with zero issues. I love it
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

daddyduke

I have 3 with no problems. All shoot great.
870 express 20 gauge w/26" barrel
870 express compact 20 gauge w/21" barrel
870 express 12 gauge deer/field combo
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Recurve

I have the youth model camouflage 21" barrel turkey killing machine w/ Carlson's .568 & LB #6

Greg Massey

Yes,  i have one with no issues ... love my 20 gauge ...870 youth....21 inch barrel with surshot stock and trluck 565 choke...

Terry

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 01, 2018, 04:29:26 PM
Yes,  i have one with no issues ... love my 20 gauge ...870 youth....21 inch barrel with surshot stock and trluck 565 choke...
Got a pic? Same set up I might go with

Greg Massey

Quote from: Terry on June 01, 2018, 04:32:28 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 01, 2018, 04:29:26 PM
Got a pic? Same set up I might go with

PM Sent ...

Jacobson

I have one also, youth model 21" barrel. Carlson .555 choke shooting Federal Heavishot #6 with the Macarbo trigger spring replacement. Great shooting gun. If a gun shoots 1200 fps the turkey does not know if it is a 12 or 20 gauge. It is simply a matter of  1-1/2oz load over a 2 or 2-1/4oz load. So as long as you stay within the forty yrd mark. There is no turkey that can walk through that ..

Spurs Up

I too have an 870 compact. Cheapest gun in my either of my safes and still the one I grab most often in the spring. I had it drilled & tapped, topped with a red dot, and upgraded trigger springs.  Love it's light weight and narrow "turn radius" in the woods.

aclawrence

Yeah that's why I'm hesitant to pick one up myself. I'd like to find an older model. My brother works in Huntsville and knows a guy that worked in the Remington plant.  I believe he quit he said it was so bad.  It's a shame Remington went down the tube. They had two of the best selling guns ever. If they would have dropped all the crappy stuff they were doing and just made really nice 700's and 870's they probably would have been fine.  Everybody builds off that 700 action but it's like Remington's not even in their own game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk