OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 870 compact LOP question  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Turkeytaker203

870 compact LOP question
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »
I read all these post about the Remington 870 Compact being turned into turkey slayers and I think it's a great idea. These are nice guns. I looked at one recently but with the LOP being 13" it felt too short for me. Are all you guys using the compact with the OEM stock shooting them with the 13" LOP or are you adding a spacer? I loved the look of the OEM camo stock and if I picked up one of these guns I would prefer to use the original stock.

Offline Dark Whiskey

Re: 870 compact LOP question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
If your decide to get the compact might look at adding a recoil pad for a little longer length of pull. Probably add about an inch and help with recoil.  Here's an example  https://www.getkickstop.com/

Offline Spurs Up

Re: 870 compact LOP question
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »
If you are a male of near average or greater height and plan to wing shoot with the compact, you’ll wanna add spacers or perhaps replace it with a longer stock. However, if you’re gonna dedicate it to turkey hunting and—especially if you—mount a red dot or other parallax free scope, I suggest leaving it as is.  That way you’ll take full advantage of its compactness, ease of maneuverability, and light weight.