OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Question? you're thoughts  (Read 2573 times)

Offline idgobble

Re: Question? you're thoughts
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:52 PM »
Maybe I misunderstood this classified ad rule "9) List a Firm Price only - no auctions best offers or the like".  I posted a few ads and listed the price I wanted for the call.  I got quite a few PM offers for less than my asking price.  Is it legit to contact the seller and offer less?

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »
People wheel and deal. If someone makes me a offer, i dont get offended , i just respectfully decline.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
Maybe I misunderstood this classified ad rule "9) List a Firm Price only - no auctions best offers or the like".  I posted a few ads and listed the price I wanted for the call.  I got quite a few PM offers for less than my asking price.  Is it legit to contact the seller and offer less?
Imo...People should be able to ask what they want for a call.If you want to ask If they will take less imo nothing should be wrong with that. A simple no If they don't except..If someone isn't educated enough to make a smart purchase whos fault is that they'll get educated. Im not meaning this in a mean way,but its life plain and simple. Look at houses,vehicles,etc....
If I buy a call and it's a limited edition should I sell it 5 years later for what I paid for It? If you buy a call that everyone wants and the call maker doesn't make them anymore sell it for what you bought it for?
People spend 10 or 20$ dollars extra on a call than they could buy it from the maker for because it is in front of them and they have the money right at that moment.
I do have a problem with people that get on a callmakers list simply to turn around and sell the call to make a profit when guys really want the call to keep and are sitting on the list.
Trading is for some guys,but for myself I've kept all but one call I've ever bought and feel that trades are going to be lop sided one way or the other when it comes down to dollars and cents and I'll stick to $$$$ at least at this point and time.
I don't think this is a babysitting service. Let people ask what they want . It's the buyers responsibility to know what it's worth as long as the call is described correctly...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:31:08 PM by 1iagobblergetter »

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 10:36:36 PM »
I see the problem, nut I don't see a way to stop without causing too much hassle for all the other buyers and sellers.
I wish I could make something nice enough that someone would want to scalp it. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Snood Life

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 11:51:49 PM »
 Going to your Lonzo example. Before I started buying from him, I had no idea what he charged. I think some times an uneducated buyer is taken advantage of. But in the turkey call world it is not always easy to know what they sell for originally.

Good topic.