OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Super black Eagle 3 problems ?

Started by Popapi, June 13, 2018, 11:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popapi

Have any of you heard or have been having ejection or jamming woes with this shotgun? All of heard was/is the POI was high. My brother is thinking about this purchase and we are just doing some research b4 he drops the coin. Also if you know of a good deal on a camo SBE3 please let me know.

jryser

I ended up with another SBEII for the reasons u listed. I had given my old one to a buddy with the intent on a 3; decided to stick with what always worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

I had 2 SBE2's. Loved those guns but the cycling of them wasn't the greatest. Certain brand shells wouldn't feed properly and light loads 1 1/8oz and under would always give them the fits. I sold both. I have had a couple nova' s also. Every Benelli I have had shot close to 6" high out of the box. Not sure about the SBE3 but I would bet it's a high shooter also. Great handling guns though.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

I like mine. Its light weight , hardly no recoil and only jamming problems I have are with light loads. That being said the action on mine seems loose and sloppy. When putting a shell in , you need to release the bolt and let it slam shut. I have had problems riding the bolt forward and then the gun would not shoot because it did not seat properly. I have a m2 20 gauge that is similar in that regard. I bought another 20 this year , a win sx3 turkey edition and hunted it  this year. Actually like this gun better. As far as point of aim , both my benelli's did shoot high. Does not bother me as I use optics on all my turkey guns. Hope this helps out some.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

chadly

I'm not sure about the 3's.  but

Because the gun is inertia driven if you do not shoulder the gun solid you can have issues with them ejecting shells.  I've had my SBE2 for about 13 years.  I've never ever had a hic up at the range shooting low brass light loads.  I have had more than I care to admit hang ups out in the field hunting pheasants with a very hot load.  It took me some time slow down with the gun just a bit and I've not had an issue for many years.  My first SBE2 I returned because I had so many issues.  My second one I sent back to Benelli for service as I had the same issues of shells not ejecting right.  Finally someone told me I was not shouldering the gun tight.  Truthfully I was a bit mad at the guy who was telling me how to shoot my gun.  But he was right. 

PALongspur

I've got an SBEII and an M2 20 and I have zero cycling issues with either one. They both shoot perfect POA/POI also.

1iagobblergetter

Owning several Benellis I've only had 1 problem over the years with cycling issues and it was due to the spring in the stock being dirty. Cleaned everything up and No more issues. That gun had seen alot of marshes and wet conditions. I own that original Benelli,a couple Sbe2"s and a couple M2's. I've heard to much bad on the Sbe3's that it made me shy away from buying one.