turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Still strutting in central Florida

Started by RutnNStrutn, June 13, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on June 18, 2018, 12:51:55 PMMy season was terrible.  very little gobbling, very few tracks and I hunted hard-public and private, some days both.
Likewise. Awful season for me. Hunted public and private in 2 states. Had 3 other state trips fall through. Where I did hunt there was precious little gobbling, and hardly saw any birds. These are areas where I know hold birds. Gonna try to plan an extravaganza next spring to make up for it.
:fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: ;D

g8rvet

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 18, 2018, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on June 18, 2018, 12:51:55 PMMy season was terrible.  very little gobbling, very few tracks and I hunted hard-public and private, some days both.
Likewise. Awful season for me. Hunted public and private in 2 states. Had 3 other state trips fall through. Where I did hunt there was precious little gobbling, and hardly saw any birds. These are areas where I know hold birds. Gonna try to plan an extravaganza next spring to make up for it.
:fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: ;D

Any thoughts on why?  I know a few that killed birds, but the guys that I know that hunt near me were pretty frustrated as well.  Just never got wound up good.  I was fishing in Feb, but guys I know well (the kind that tell me the truth) said they were fired up in February (crazy warm here).  Gobbling their heads off. I can put you on gobbler tracks nearly constantly, and all my usual spots were just plain barren.  I branched out a lot and still had a hard time.  Work was crazy busy so my scouting was limited compared to some years.  Of course I go on a river trip in the middle of May and find strut marks all over the sand bar.  Not open hunting but I am working on an invite to the location for next year. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

RutnNStrutn

I heard the same about much of the country for this season. Then again, lots of folks still did well. So, who knows? Beats me!! ??? ???