OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Still strutting in central Florida  (Read 2124 times)

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Still strutting in central Florida
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
My season was terrible.  very little gobbling, very few tracks and I hunted hard-public and private, some days both.
Likewise. Awful season for me. Hunted public and private in 2 states. Had 3 other state trips fall through. Where I did hunt there was precious little gobbling, and hardly saw any birds. These are areas where I know hold birds. Gonna try to plan an extravaganza next spring to make up for it.
:fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: ;D

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 08:55:38 PM »
My season was terrible.  very little gobbling, very few tracks and I hunted hard-public and private, some days both.
Likewise. Awful season for me. Hunted public and private in 2 states. Had 3 other state trips fall through. Where I did hunt there was precious little gobbling, and hardly saw any birds. These are areas where I know hold birds. Gonna try to plan an extravaganza next spring to make up for it.
:fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: ;D

Any thoughts on why?  I know a few that killed birds, but the guys that I know that hunt near me were pretty frustrated as well.  Just never got wound up good.  I was fishing in Feb, but guys I know well (the kind that tell me the truth) said they were fired up in February (crazy warm here).  Gobbling their heads off. I can put you on gobbler tracks nearly constantly, and all my usual spots were just plain barren.  I branched out a lot and still had a hard time.  Work was crazy busy so my scouting was limited compared to some years.  Of course I go on a river trip in the middle of May and find strut marks all over the sand bar.  Not open hunting but I am working on an invite to the location for next year. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »
I heard the same about much of the country for this season. Then again, lots of folks still did well. So, who knows? Beats me!! ??? ???