OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What's a Bottomland 870 worth?  (Read 5774 times)

Offline strutnva

What's a Bottomland 870 worth?
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy one, not sure if I will keep it or sell it.  What do you think is a reasonable price for one?

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: What's a Bottomland 870 worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:41:00 PM »
Only you can decide what it's worth. Some guys are paying a premium for the Bottomland guns but personally I wouldn't give over $350 for one.

It's still an 870 no matter the camo pattern it wears but they do seem to go higher than other patterns.

A bud had one of the first ones around in about '90 or '91, a painted or dipped wood stocked model in Original Bottomland, good looking gun for sure.

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
Original Bottomland came out i 1992. An 870 in great shape with sling would go for $650-$750

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
Who knows???

Current production SuperMag has bottomland under $500. For a 3" If it was mint I'd give $200.... ;)

Good luck.

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:01:57 PM »
 :TooFunny:
Who knows???

Current production SuperMag has bottomland under $500. For a 3" If it was mint I'd give $200.... ;)

Good luck.
If you can find one for $200 I’d be shocked. Old School Remingtons are going for crazy money.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
Someone may give crazy money.... I'm not looking for one. I've got a 90's express..... Spray painted.... Its an 870..... To each there own... If its a collectors item never fired????

Good luck with your purchase. ;)

:TooFunny:
Who knows???

Good luck.
If you can find one for $200 I’d be shocked. Old School Remingtons are going for crazy money.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=remington%20bottomland

Local gun shop could get these all day long..... Just saying.... No matter what you get good luck to ya. ;)

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »

Local gun shop could get these all day long..... Just saying.... No matter what you get good luck to ya. ;)
We are talking Old School Remingtons . Special Purpose guns not the newer Express line. Big difference

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »
This is interesting. What constitutes " Old School " when it comes to 870`s ? This season I picked up ( and killed a bird with ) a pre-owned 870 Super Mag SP-T Thumbhole Mossy Oak Obsession, I think, with a red dot. My research seems to indicate that particular model was produced from `05-`07. Would that be " Old School "?  Regardless, it`s a helluva gun. It`s like a steel block, solid, with a tight action.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »
I'm tracking what you're saying.. I really wouldn't know the difference if "SP" or Express was not engraved in the side... To each there own. ;)

We are talking Old School Remingtons . Special Purpose guns not the newer Express line. Big difference

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 07:15:08 PM »
I'm tracking what you're saying.. I really wouldn't know the difference if "SP" or Express was not engraved in the side... To each there own. ;)

Only difference in the original Special Purpose and Express was the SP had a walnut stock and Express were birch. A buddy had a few Expresses in the shop in late '90s that were walnut.

If I am not mistaking the Express were out before the SP line of guns, at least in 870, not sure when walnut stocked SP 11-87 came out. Late 80s-91 or so I am thinking.

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
This is interesting. What constitutes " Old School " when it comes to 870`s ? This season I picked up ( and killed a bird with ) a pre-owned 870 Super Mag SP-T Thumbhole Mossy Oak Obsession, I think, with a red dot. My research seems to indicate that particular model was produced from `05-`07. Would that be " Old School "?  Regardless, it`s a helluva gun. It`s like a steel block, solid, with a tight action.
Most consider Old School as far as camo goes 1992-1996. Those were the first camo patterns Turkey guns were dipped in.
Brown Treebark 1992 Nwtf gun of the year
Mossy Oak Original Bottomland 1992-1996
Mossy Oak Greenleaf 1993-1996
Alot of guys myself included consider shotguns from as far back as the 50’s through the 80’s Old School too.

Offline mrlongbeard

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »

Local gun shop could get these all day long..... Just saying.... No matter what you get good luck to ya.
Huge difference between express and special purpose guns. SP have better quality parts internals are polished better fit and finish. More hands on work and qc go into them. World of difference.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:55 PM »
Most consider Old School as far as camo goes 1992-1996. Those were the first camo patterns Turkey guns were dipped in.
Brown Treebark 1992 Nwtf gun of the year
Mossy Oak Original Bottomland 1992-1996
Mossy Oak Greenleaf 1993-1996
Alot of guys myself included consider shotguns from as far back as the 50’s through the 80’s Old School too.

My Express goes back to 92 ;) It was a matte finish.... Then camo tape,,,, Then spray paint... Ole school. Thanks for sharing the info.

Offline turkeyinstrut

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »

Agree, HUGE difference.