turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old Federal Premium

Started by tnanh, June 09, 2018, 06:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

I found some Federal Premium 3 inch #6 2 ounce loads in a gold and blue box. They don't say Grand Slam and they don't say Triple Plus Wads on the box. I was wondering were these worth buying and are they as good as the ones that said Grand Slam on the box. I have one box of the old Grand Slam 3 inch 6s with the Triple Plus Wads and they are only 1 7/8 ounce loads.

10gaugemag

As good as the Grand Slams. I killed a whole slug of turkeys with the 3" 2 oz. #4s and still have about 10-15 of the older Premium loads.

tnanh

Thanks. I think I may get them. I still shoot lead in my 12 gauges. I will probably like them then have to work to find some more but that is ok. Longbeards shoot good in both my 12s.

Yoder409

Back "in the day" the 2 oz. Federal Premiums were the cat's meow.  They shot very well.  Then............if you dumped out the shot, removed the factory buffer and replaced it with BPI Original Design buffer mixed with 5% of a family secret ingredient, you would pick up squarely 15% more pattern density at 40 yards over the factory loading.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

DrDirtNap

Quote from: Yoder409 on July 29, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
Back "in the day" the 2 oz. Federal Premiums were the cat's meow.  They shot very well.  Then............if you dumped out the shot, removed the factory buffer and replaced it with BPI Original Design buffer mixed with 5% of a family secret ingredient, you would pick up squarely 15% more pattern density at 40 yards over the factory loading.

Buffer mixed with family secret ingredient??...come on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: DrDirtNap on July 29, 2018, 04:48:51 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on July 29, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Buffer mixed with family secret ingredient??...come on now

Motor mica

But don't tell anyone..................  ;)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.