OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A tip for new hunters.... I wish I had done over the last thiry years!!!

Started by ShootingABN!, June 08, 2018, 11:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootingABN!

So if you are here gaining knowledge to be successful....

With todays phones we can take pictures in the field....

The tip...

Take pictures in the field! Get them printed and put them in a photo album. Make a note as to where, when, and how..... You get the point.  Make a note about the hunt...

I have many pictures scattered about. I wish I had put them in an album with the hunting information. Some I have the dates on the photo some I don't..... I really wish I would have kept better track of it...

Good luck everyone.....

Cluckncrazy

I'm with you, I've got some pictures with the dates on them, but most of them don't and they're not organized at all. A photo album with pictures and some information about the hunts is something I wish I had done too. That's something family members could enjoy looking at and adding pictures to for years to come.

oakraidia

I use Google photos to automatically backup my photos in the cloud.  After the end of each season I make a photo album on Google photos and add notes. The best part is they're accessible from any device after logging into my Google account. I also print the better photos and have an actual album to thumb through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: ShootingABN! on June 08, 2018, 11:30:15 PM
So if you are here gaining knowledge to be successful....

With todays phones we can take pictures in the field....

The tip...

Take pictures in the field! Get them printed and put them in a photo album. Make a note as to where, when, and how..... You get the point.  Make a note about the hunt...

I have many pictures scattered about. I wish I had put them in an album with the hunting information. Some I have the dates on the photo some I don't..... I really wish I would have kept better track of it...

Good luck everyone.....

Definitely a good idea to record successful hunts and take lots of pictures. I make it a point to get a picture with my boys every year.

davisd9

Been doing that from the beginning.  I have a series of photos that show me from being skinny to fattening up.  ;D
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Jrkimbrough

Agreed!  In the past few years I've started a photo book where I put harvest pictures along with a short story of the hunt along with the date and time.

Harty

Yes I agree. Used to do it back in the days of the SLR camera. Got lazy when the smart phone came along . Got lots of work to do in retirement and getting the pics in an album is one

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

My brother has always been the picture taker in our hunting family. If it wasn't for him a lot of memories would have been lost. One of my favorite pics is of my dads only turkey hunt.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

MK M GOBL

Started with the pictures and notes from my first hunt till now, word of *WARNING* do not let digital/electronics mass storage be your only way to save these memories. I used to store on my home PC long ago and was sent a virus back then, way before some of the protection software out there now. Print them and store them in an album and have triple digital backups on files. I lost years worth of photos I will never get back...

MK M GOBL

ShootingABN!

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 12, 2019, 08:28:11 PM
Started with the pictures and notes from my first hunt till now, word of *WARNING* do not let digital/electronics mass storage be your only way to save these memories. I used to store on my home PC long ago and was sent a virus back then, way before some of the protection software out there now. Print them and store them in an album and have triple digital backups on files. I lost years worth of photos I will never get back...

MK M GOBL

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you lost those pictures. However it is testimony they can be lost.

Good luck everyone.

compton30

Quote from: oakraidia on June 12, 2018, 06:06:00 PM
I use Google photos to automatically backup my photos in the cloud.  After the end of each season I make a photo album on Google photos and add notes. The best part is they're accessible from any device after logging into my Google account. I also print the better photos and have an actual album to thumb through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is something everyone should be doing. It's free and very simple. There's no downside.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

One of my favorite pics. My brother took daddy on his only turkey hunt and called out to him. This is the shot. I have the hat he had on and my brother has the rain jacket. I wish I had the overalls.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

ShootingABN!

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on February 13, 2019, 08:50:19 PM
One of my favorite pics. My brother took daddy on his only turkey hunt and called out to him. This is the shot. I have the hat he had on and my brother has the rain jacket. I wish I had the overalls.

Thanks for sharing.

Wigsplitter

Franklin7x57

Since most seasons are over this is a great tip and hopefully time to do it! Even if you have to guess, something is better than nothing for your grandkids etc. It doesn't have to hunting or fishing pictures either. My Mother had boxes of pictures from what looked like the depression era, no name, no dates and no one to ask.