OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Stoeger 3020 or Franchi Affinity 3  (Read 4788 times)

Offline PineyRooster

Stoeger 3020 or Franchi Affinity 3
« on: June 08, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
Cant decide which one which one to purchase. They both handle great however ive never fired one just handled in the store. The stoeger is obviously cheaper and im not sure that its any less the gun than the affinity even tho its turkish made. Ive also read where some have had cycling issues with certain 3” shells with the affinity which has made me think twice about it. I do like that the affinity can be had in my favorite camo MO Bottomland and that it comes D/T already. If you own or have first hand experience with either i would appreciate feedback as far as reliability and poa/poi issues, ect.

Offline Spurs Up

Re: Stoeger 3020 or Franchi Affinity 3
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
See today’s post in general guns forum for a basic review of the Affinity (not Affinity 3).

As for the cycling with 3” shells, that seems to be an issue only with roll-crimped hand loads. They tend to be roughly 1/8” or more longer than fold crimped shells. They’ll shoot and eject fine. The trouble often is with chambering of the following shell. If 3” and roll-crimped, expect hang ups unless those shells are trimmed at least 1/8”.  That seems to be true of most Beretta/Benelli family guns. I suspect the same is so with the Stoeger. Solutions are to 1) trim hulls; 2) shoot fold crimped 3” shells; or, 3) use 2-3/4” shells. I do all 3, but prefer the last option for hand loaded TSS.

Offline PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »
Franchi 100% between those two.

Offline WyoHunter

• Double Beard
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »
Franchi 100% between those two.
Franchi Affinity is my choice.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Offline LabsRUsII

• TTP Game Calls
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:12 PM »
I've got both
Affinity had drill and tapped for picatinny rail for red dot scope
Stoeger a little heavier, recoil pad not as good, recoil a little more- still shoots good with 3rd degree or prairie  storm #6
Affinity , I think is better, light, comes up perfect, 26" barrel-- they need a 24" for turkeys
Did look at the compact but recoil pads was not good
Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
 Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods