OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fall turkey states  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Hook hanger

Fall turkey states
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »
What states allow more than 2 birds shot in the fall season?

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Fall turkey states
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »
Not NY. Presently, it is one and done.

Offline SinGin

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:13 PM »
Missouri does, two with a shotgun and two with a bow. But I believe some south east counties in the bootheel area are closed to fall shotgun season, but don’t quote me on that.

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:55:29 PM »
WA
The seasonal bag limit is four (4) turkeys. Two (2) beardless and two (2) either sex turkeys.
2 in CA, 2 in OR

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
No fall season at all in Georgia.

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 10:11:31 PM »
NE. maybe KY. IL and MO if you bow hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
Not PA

1 fall bird limit,  either sex
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 07:49:02 AM »
Ky allows 2 by gun and two by archery....they restrict when you can use a crossbow though. They have two 1 week seasons, one in October and one in December for firearms. Archery starts in Sept. and goes through deer bow season if I recall correctly. I hunt the two gun seasons unless I tag out in the first. Here at home in Ohio we get one of either sex.

Offline ezmorningrebel

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
You can in VA.  bag limit for the calendar year (spring and fall) is 3 total.  Can't take all 3 in the fall.

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »
Indiana is 1 and done.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »
Two in FL except closed in Holmes County - Gobblers and bearded Turkeys only.

Very few WMAs have a Fall Turkey season and recall them mostly being archery only.

Offline Hook hanger

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »
Missouri does, two with a shotgun and two with a bow. But I believe some south east counties in the bootheel area are closed to fall shotgun season, but don’t quote me on that.

That's why I have always liked living in MO. It's nice to kill 6 gobblers a year. Used to run over to KS when you could kill 4 in the fall with shot gun but heard they went to only one fall bird. It was a good year when I would kill 12 Tom's a year in just those 2 state's alone.

Offline JonD.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
Ky allows 2 by gun and two by archery....they restrict when you can use a crossbow though. They have two 1 week seasons, one in October and one in December for firearms. Archery starts in Sept. and goes through deer bow season if I recall correctly. I hunt the two gun seasons unless I tag out in the first. Here at home in Ohio we get one of either sex.

I'll add, all four can be taken with archery, or two may be taken with a shotgun during the firearm season. Only one bird out of the four, regardless of weapon used, can have a beard length 3" or longer. Archery opens the first week of Sept. and closes mid January. Crossbow is Oct. 1, thru about the 22nd or so, and then again mid Nov. to Dec. 31. If any deer firearm season is open, you have to wear hunter orange.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:36:20 PM by JonD. »
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31