turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Scope or Red Dot for Stoeger M3500

Started by RollTideHunt85, February 23, 2017, 03:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTideHunt85

Just got a new Stoeger m3500.  Trying to decide either to put a red dot or scope on it. What are yalls opinions??

USMC0331

Red dot is excellent if you start at the Fastfire111 as entry level. Once you have it zeroed regardless of how you have your shotgun or face on the shotgun  as long as you have that. On your intended target you'll hit it .As far as a scope a lot of people like the Simmons with turkey diamond. There are others out their but it depends on what your are willing to spend on or what works for your eyes. Important thing with scope is the proper eye relief so you don't look like you tried your luck with Mike tyson.

beagler

I'm a big fan of the Aimpoint 9000sc red dot scopes. I have one on my mossberg 835 and one on my benelli sbe2.
Never Misses

Hoofman

You are going to hear a lot of this, but you truly cannot go wrong with the Burris Fastfire 3. Super compact and very tough sight.

Strutr

I have a cheap knockoff of the Burris FF reflex sight.  This style optic appealed to me more than a scope since you still have a relatively open field of view since the outer edges of the housing are very thin.  Durability was a concern when I first got it but no issues after two years.  Having said that, I'm careful not to bang it around just as I would be if using a scope.

SumToy

I like the Burris or Vortex.  They are small and easy to mount.  The weight of some scopes work on the screws that hold them on. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

MK M GOBL

Have scopes on all of our turkey guns, either Bushnell 1.75-4s or Nikon Turkey Pro. Have never had an issue with either.

MK M GOBL

Yowthe

I'd like a red dot optic for turkey hunting with a tight-chocked shotgun.

However, I am not sure which brands and models of red dot sights will hold up to the punishing recoil of those 3" or 3.5" magnum shells.

My cousin had an Aimpoint sight https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-for-tavor/ on his 12-gauge deer-hunting shotgun. It was good for 100 yards with Foster slugs, and it was a smoothbore. That scope was never damaged by the recoil.
Also my Father got it mounted on the gun this afternoon.
I gotta say....not super confident that the thumbscrews will hold up under magnum recoil.

squidd

I setup two guns with Field Sport red dots for less than $50; M3500 and SX2.

I preferred the reflex over the micro of which both held POI extremely well. 

longbeards

I have had two fast fire by Burris and I was unhappy with them. Couldn't keep them zeroed!
I recently mounted a pair of Bushnell Triophyson a Benellie M1 and M2
And love them!!! Seem to be bullet proof so far!!
Time will tell!

Jbird22

I've been using Burris FF2's since ~2010. Burris would put the one from my 870 SM in a museum if they knew what it had been through. It's on a SpeedBead mount and has held zero considerably well over the years. I don't use it as much now that I've gone to a 20 ga 870 w/TSS. I put another FF2 on it (even though the FF3's were available) due to how well the FF2 had proven itself. I'm sure I'm in the huge minority of folks who'd rather stick with the simplicity of the FF2 over the FF3 but I wouldn't trade neither of mine for a FF3.