OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tru Glo Scope mounts are aluminum and stripped unknowing... :(  (Read 1761 times)

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
So I checked my scope before the season. It was on. Went to Virginia and missed two birds in the same hunt. One at twenty yards and the other at 40. I then shot it to check POI. Twenty five yards it was about 10" to the right and 10" high....

While adjusting the scope. Then shooting again. Parts of the scope mount was laying on my shooting table. The screws and bolt was stripped.

I bought some steel Weaver rings.

So use caution if you have the TruGlo scope and the mounts that come with it!!!!! Cost me a birds this season..... :(

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Tru Glo Scope mounts are aluminum and stripped unknowing... :(
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
Imo most generally you get what you pay for...Ive used Warne rings for years with no problem. I'm not a real fan of rings with a screw that sticks out from the side.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
Re: Tru Glo Scope mounts are aluminum and stripped unknowing... :(
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »
Imo most generally you get what you pay for...Ive used Warne rings for years with no problem. I'm not a real fan of rings with a screw that sticks out from the side.

Lol Yea my rings are trash.... And in the trash... LOL