only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FALL TURKEY HUNTING...

Started by quavers59, June 05, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falltoms

Love to hunt in the fall. That's how I learned how to turkey hunt

oakraidia

I work 10 hour days Monday thru Thursday and my youngest starts kindergarten this fall. I'll miss hanging out with him all day, but it'll give me a chance to try fall hunting on Fridays.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

quavers59

Last Fall, I was LATE in 2 spots in NY and NJ.  Both were opening Days. I will get out earlier this coming Fall. The spot in NY ALWAYS has a flock roosting there until that 1st bust. I got there late last year and saw a nervous Jake moving back and forth like a squirrel on a road in front of your car. Did not get a shot. And in NJ- I had Hikers come into the area where, I was close to a flock. Public Land-- it is what it is.  I will get it right this Fall however. I hope to nail a hen in one state as, I want to make a few wingbones.  And hopefully a Jake in the 2nd State.

quavers59

I am trying to practice twice a week-- the Kee-Kee-Runs. I have a MAD ALUMINATOR that makes some really good whistles.

eggshell

Kee kee runs and whistles are easier on single or double non spit reeds if you try a mouth call.

crow

I hunted a Sadler McGraw ghost cut this spring, one of the best mouth calls I've tried for easy kee's

idgobble

North Idaho Fall season--Aug. 30---Dec. 31. 3 tags available in some areas. Great scouting for Spring season, too.

quavers59

Up here in New York, I have seen 2 Broods so far!! Good sign here as most of June has been dry. I think alot of poults will survive and plenty of Jakes and Jennies will be running around this late Oct  for me to go after in NY and NOV in New Jersey.

rooster

Quote from: Uncle Nicky on June 07, 2018, 05:57:52 AM
I will be hunting a few states this fall with my dog.

I'm skeptical that shooting a fall bird or two has a serious impact on populations. I believe it has more to do with increased predators, changing habitat, and population explosions that finally reach carrying capacities.
I agree. With the fur market down,predators and egg eaters increase and impact turkey,grouse and pheasant populations.

quavers59

I think this coming Fall in November when New Jersey opens, I will get to where, I always see wild turkeys in both Spring and Fall. Long walk as well , but I see more Hikers getting out extra early - even around Sunrise . Public Lands are getting tougher-LOL!