OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scopes  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Vaturkeyhntr

• "boom time"
Scopes
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:36:47 PM »
Looking at possibly putting a scope on my 20 guage 870 and it seems like the Nikon Turkey Pro has been discontinued along with the Leupold VX 1-4 with the turkey plex reticle.  Any other scopes to look at with the turkey reticle??

Offline Hook hanger

Re: Scopes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »
Leupold VX 2-7 it is very comparable to the nikon in my opinion I have both and like the Leupold the best

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:08:26 AM »
Anymore if you want the turkey reticle your somewhat limited it seems due to discontinuation.Weaver Kaspa I believe still makes one. Burris I know use to,but I'm not sure if they still do. Having both Nikons and Leupolds in 1x4 and 2x7 I personally like the magnification in 1x4 best. Also the compactness.

Offline boone5252

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »
I'll put in another vote for the Leupold 1x-4x rifle scope. Good eye relief and 74 feet field of view at 100 yards. You can always take off your turkey shotgun and use it on a deer rifle.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
I have 2 of the Nikon Turkey Pro , which are the best in my book... both of mine have the anti-glare shields ... Also for the money i have Simmons pro Diamond on my 870 , 20 gauge which has been a good scope, it has good reviews ....

Offline redjones

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
I've had a Simmons pro diamond on my 11-87 for years and so far so good.

Greg
Semper Fi

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:07 PM »
I have a couple of Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.75-4x 32mm scopes on my 11-87's and better than 20+ years and not an issue with either of them.

I call it the "Circle of Death"

MK M GOBL

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
I have 2 of the Nikon Turkey Pro , which are the best in my book... both of mine have the anti-glare shields ... Also for the money i have Simmons pro Diamond on my 870 , 20 gauge which has been a good scope, it has good reviews ....
What camo pattern to the Nikon Turkey Pro's use? I am a Nikon fanboy and would like to add one next year and want to see if Tarjac can match the pattern if I decide to get the gun dipped. Thanks for the help in advance.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »
Over ten years ago I got a Simons Pro Diamond. I love that scope it's on my Daly 3.5" it has been awesome.

I got a Truglo diamond scope and mounts package deal... This year I missed two birds same day because the aluminum mounts stripped. The scope was way off. Went and bought steal rings. Hoping to dial back in.

Good luck.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
What camo pattern to the Nikon Turkey Pro's use? I am a Nikon fanboy and would like to add one next year and want to see if Tarjac can match the pattern if I decide to get the gun dipped. Thanks for the help in advance.
They came in different camo patterns ... the 2 i have are mate black finish .... If you find one it will cost you between 250 - 400 dollars ....

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »
They came in different camo patterns ... the 2 i have are mate black finish .... If you find one it will cost you between 250 - 400 dollars ....
Okay, thanks Greg, thought maybe they uses a base camo pattern if you know what I mean.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
The newer Nikons came in Matte black/ Realtree APG/and Mossy oak breakup..The older ones were Matte Black/Realtree  Hardwoods green I believe?/and one also in a Mossy oak if I remember correctly. The old ones are 1x4s. I would just get the scope dipped to match the gun imo.. :icon_thumright:

Offline JK Spurs

• Longbeard
  • Dirt Nap
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Looking at possibly putting a scope on my 20 guage 870 and it seems like the Nikon Turkey Pro has been discontinued along with the Leupold VX 1-4 with the turkey plex reticle.  Any other scopes to look at with the turkey reticle??
I have the VX1 1-4 and absolutely love it. It’s been discontinued??
I like my turkey well peppered

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »
I have a simmons pro diamond on my 20 win sx3. Had the gun and scope dipped in original bottomland. It looks awesome and performs awesome.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
The newer Nikons came in Matte black/ Realtree APG/and Mossy oak breakup..The older ones were Matte Black/Realtree  Hardwoods green I believe?/and one also in a Mossy oak if I remember correctly. The old ones are 1x4s. I would just get the scope dipped to match the gun imo.. :icon_thumright:
Dippers are not real big on dipping scopes, Tarjac has a disclaimer on dipping them on their page as a matter of fact. Thank you very much for the information though, I truly do appreciate it. Is Nikon still making a turkey scope? I can't seem to find any.

John Koenig: