OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rubber Snake Boots  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
Rubber Snake Boots
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:57:50 PM »
Need any input on the LaCrosse 4xAlpha snake boots that you might have, or any recommendation for a quality rubber snake boot.
I live in Florida and hunt in snake boots year round and normally no problem. I have access to some new property, but it's normally very wet and a good population of snakes. So looking for a high quality boot.

Thanks for any input.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: Rubber Snake Boots
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
i have these, i have never actually had a snake bite them.... but they are almost knee high and about like the other lacross rubber boots, maybe a little stiffer.  they are waterproof.  my only complaint about these (but i have same issue with my other deer hunting boots) is they hurt my feet if i walk long distances in them.  i have high arches so flat bottom boots with no arch support tends to do this. 

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
I have the 4x Alphas and love them.  Wore them all of deer season and turkey season, and have put several miles on them and have zero complaints.   Would buy them again in a heartbeat.    I haven't been bit by a snake in them so I can't speak for effectiveness in that regard.
There might be a better option if you hike for miles a day, but I don't think I'd want to do that in any rubber boot.

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »
I've had a pair of the muck boot woody armor snakeboots for about 6 seasons, good support and almost as comfortable as reg. mucks.

I have a lot of miles on them and they have held up well, have never been struck so can't comment on that. they may be a little warm for Florida.

Offline Spurs Up

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:34:22 PM »
I've had a pair of the muck boot woody armor snakeboots for about 6 seasons, good support and almost as comfortable as reg. mucks.

I have a lot of miles on them and they have held up well, have never been struck so can't comment on that. they may be a little warm for Florida.

I know the OP asked about Alphas...but as a public service announcement stay away from the Muck Pursuit Cool snake boots. Well, unless you like heavy, clunky, and inflexible/stiff in a boot. On the plus side, they’ll probably last forever and are completely waterproof. I don’t think snake fangs can penetrate them. Not sure a Samurai sword or armor-piercing bullet could either. Comfort?  Think walking in a plaster cast...

Offline Popapi

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »
I have the Muck Pursuits and LOVE them.

Offline kjnengr

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »
I bought a pair of the 4x Alpha snake boots and hunted with them for the first time this year.  They were comfortable and not overly stiff. 

Like these guys, I've never had a snake bite them to test their effectiveness, but I hope I never do.

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys !
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »
Have the Alphas also. Yeah, they`re expensive but they`re a good boot IMO. Haven`t been hit either. Definitely waterproof. Wear mine whenever in the woods and will wear them for doves in the fall. Couple of suggestions. Get a boot jack ( Amazon ). You`ll be glad you did.  They`re tough to get off your foot because of how they hug the ankles. Also, I find they fit best when you tighten the top strap around your calf. Otherwise, mine have a tendency to rub. Highly recommend! Good for peace of mind, too.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 12:46:50 AM »
Mine are more comfortable than any other rubber boot I've owned.

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »
Purchased a pair prior to this season. Many miles walked in swamps this past season and they are still my favorite snake boot I have owned yet. Not nearly as comfortable as the LaCrosse Grange boots but a close second in my opinion.