OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The Fat Lady has sung!  (Read 5244 times)

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
The Fat Lady has sung!
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »
Just spent a good part of the morning talking with Whitelightning as he returns from Maine with both tags filled on fine longbeards.  Niether of which hit the 76.5pts we needed to retake the lead, but he gave it hell! 

I just want to thank each of you for yet another fine season.  We got a group of killers here no doubt.  Got caught up in some technicalities this season with our pictures, but I don't fault any of you guys for that.  Might have some priorities lying with stepping on the next head vs pics, which lets face it.. we're all turkey hunters first.  Hopefully we learn from it and move forward.  I did have a very good conversation with Shannon and he agreed the additional rules he had to put in place because of the mess from last years contest seemed to take away a little of the fun and I suspect next season will be a little more flexible.   But its a contest that's just for fun, and fun it has been.  This crew has been in the running every season for quite a few years and hope we're able to continue that. 

We stepped on heads from March to June.. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maine, Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota and Ontario... and I might be missing some in there.  That is cool!  Glad I could be apart of it and thankful ya'll allowed me to be Captain.  A pleasure for sure. 

Good luck surviving the summer depression... hopefully the beer is cold and the crabbing/fishing gets hot to help ease it a little.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:06:51 PM by derek »

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: The Fat Lady has sung!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »
Congrats to you guys on a fine season and some trophy birds. It’s great to have guys like yall to compete against. I’d  love to get up to the northeast and hunt with some of you guys, maybe we can work
Something out if any of y’all ever take a notion to hunt my home state of KY.
Once again congrats on a fine season, some fine birds,  and for showing great sportsmanship, and mostly for being a bunch of classy guys.

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
Thanks to you Derek for stepping up for captain duties. Fun ride as always!

Roost1 I spent 4 years in Murray a long time ago but wasn't chasing turkeys back then. Lots of great bass and Crappie fishing to distract me in the Spring.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
 Big thanks to you Derek for stepping up as Capt and heading this thing off for us. It’s a big enough obligation keeping up with me and my horrible pics,  much less the entire team. You definitely have my vote for Capt next year as well.... :OGani:
 Thanks for all the fun this year fellas!

Offline Captain Hooks

• EZ Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 09:49:00 PM »
She sung alright...
Oh, well... we had a great season and put a good number on board.  Rules are rules, even if they take the fun out of a “fun contest”.  It’s been a pleasure watching you guys knocking down some nice birds and always fun nipping at the Crusaders tails. There’s always next year, hopefully I can find a bird that will help us win next season.  To be continued , see you in spring 2019 :)

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:34:54 AM »
Yes sir you guys are some turkey killing machines. Big thanks to Derek for running the show, I'm one of the guilty parties for taking bad pics. No excuse though, and I will do better next year.  Sure would love to chase gobbler with anyone of you guys. 
Don't gobble at me...

Offline whitelightning

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 12:12:49 AM »
Thanks Cookie for stepping up and being captain! Posting a couple of June Longbeards that decided to play. What a feeling, March 17th in Florida to June 2nd in Maine. Still not long enough!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tn8dB2k.gif/img]

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »
 :wagon:
Thanks Cookie for stepping up and being captain! Posting a couple of June Longbeards that decided to play. What a feeling, March 17th in Florida to June 2nd in Maine. Still not long enough!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Congrats on a fine season. Way to hang in there.

Offline canadatom

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »
Fun once again as always!! Thanks Derek for stepping up and taking the reigns! Can't wait to get at it again in 2019. Hopefully one of these years I can do some travelling during the spring to try and take down a few more longbeards!! Everybody be safe and enjoy the outdoors and downtime until we hit the woods again.