turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Maybrey

Started by Spitten and drummen, May 31, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Does anyone know where in Georgia Lonnie Mabrey lives?  Thinking about stopping by on the way to Unicoi next year if its not too far out of the way.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sixes

Clayton community, a couple miles NW of Canton

IF you are up that way, PM me before you go and I can give you exact directions

Spitten and drummen

I will. Appreciate it. Dont know how far out of the way it will be. Plan on buying a few calls from him while there.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sixes

He had been there a few times, just not selling.

Depends on which way you are coming from as to how far out of the way it is.

Beards and Hooks

Definitely do it if you can, awesome guy and calls as I am sure you have read.

WaddleWhacker

Mr Mabry is about to go up on his price's. He is tired of folk's buying 10 to 20 call's at a time then selling them for more than what he sell's them for. And he also said if that don't stop it he will just retire and fish a lot more.

wchadw

Quote from: WaddleWhacker on June 05, 2018, 08:44:08 PM
Mr Mabry is about to go up on his price's. He is tired of folk's buying 10 to 20 call's at a time then selling them for more than what he sell's them for. And he also said if that don't stop it he will just retire and fish a lot more.
Seems to be pretty prevalent on this site....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_leo

I do agree that's not cool to do. His calls are valuable because you have to get them from him personally and he doesn't mail them. When people buy them in quantity to resale higher that is disrespectful to his business.

That being said once someone buys a product it's theirs to do what they wish. It would be nice to see more class than greed though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dixiemagnum80

Quote from: wchadw on June 05, 2018, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: WaddleWhacker on June 05, 2018, 08:44:08 PM
Seems to be pretty prevalent on this site....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

CMBOSTC

Mr. Mabry's wishes should be honored/respected.

PALongspur

He should start shipping then.

outdoors

Quote from: PALongspur on June 06, 2018, 05:32:14 AM
He's making people sell his calls  , instead of himself
Tack  on gas and where & tear and the pleasure of spending time with him ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

CMBOSTC

Quote from: outdoors on June 06, 2018, 08:51:10 AM
Quote from: PALongspur on June 06, 2018, 05:32:14 AM
He's making people sell his calls  , instead of himself
Tack  on gas and where & tear and the pleasure of spending time with him ............

Valid points, maybe someone should reach out and just talk to him.

Happy hooker

How bout we all pitch in and buy him a hotel room at  unicoi,,he wants to sell his calls face to face that would be a way to do it out of his room and honor his policy and have himself a good time there. The people that pitch in get first crack at the calls. He might have to take time loading the truck but there would be no unloading when he got back.

tracker#1

Respect the man's wishes...he's a great person. Yes, difficult to get his calls, but I made arrangements with friends passing through GA to pick my calls up for me after talking with Lonnie by phone. They then shipped them to me. Well worth the hassle and if I get that way someday I will stop to meet him in person and thank him. I wouldn't part with mine for any cost....all turkey. Don't ruin a good thing !