turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I am experimenting on this.....

Started by pappy, April 23, 2011, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ok, what we have here is your average lil' scratcher, made from red cedar, with a purpleheart striker. There is something different about this caller though that I do not believe anyone else has tried before. Inside is a latex baffle. Seperating the front from the back of the call. I tried to get more volume and raspiness, but what I got blew me away! This call is as loud as a long box and by adjusting the thumb pressure on the back you can tone it down to a whisper and not lose any raspiness ... I can only guess by inserting the latex inside and tightening it by stretching it in four directions before the glue dried, it created a reverb like crazy...like a snare drum!!!!!! I am taking it out with me Monday and see what it does...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Cut*N*Run

mossy835

Nice work Pappy I have an all cedar one too and it sounds great but so do the two you made for me. Let us know how crazy your new one makes the turkeys?
:z-winnersmiley:

cannonball

Nice call pappy, let us know how it works.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

letinmfly

What do you do when the latex dries out and cracks?
Unfortunately it'll only last for so long.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

pappy

You know I thought about the latex drying out, I haven't gotten that far yet, but, since this is my personal caller, I would more then likely cut it into again and replace it. One thing I am thinking about is to put small dowells along the sides with matching holes, this way it will be easy to replace the latex, it would have to be a tight fit though....
tel...573-380-8206

Spring Creek Calls

These are very effective calls but are range limited. If Pappy can come up with a way to make 'em reach out, he'd be my hero.

:anim_25:
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

TANK

Well Pappy, its Tuesday..................How did it do?

pappy

I am afraid it is still sittin' on my shelf...we are flooded like crazy...huntin' spot is 9' under, road access to other spots are flooded as well...I may have to send this baby out to someone on dry ground....Alaska maybe>??????>>>????
tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

Quote from: pappy on April 26, 2011, 01:50:57 PM
I am afraid it is still sittin' on my shelf...we are flooded like crazy...huntin' spot is 9' under, road access to other spots are flooded as well...I may have to send this baby out to someone on dry ground....Alaska maybe>??????>>>????

Send it NC !! LOL , Seriously Pappy thats a very inventive new caller your working on. We've been having alot of rain here too. 2 weeks left in season & just heard first gobbles since opening day yesterday ! Anyway >>> Great Looking call Pappy i hope you get to use it soon.. Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

BigGobbler

I have one and I put a piece of copper in it years ago when I was young and tore everything apart just to see what I could improve. its sweet. I have some box calls I did the same with and they sound great and work well on the pressured birds.