OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Coming back home  (Read 2395 times)

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Coming back home
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
Well fellas, last summer I gave away my pup to the same fella I bought him from. He was coming on pretty good for a young dog and was doing everything I could possibly ask of him with the exception that he’d run the occasional deer but was getting better about it all the time. I just didn’t have the time to hunt him like he needed to be. Guy called me up asking to use him as a stud to get his line going again and then asked if I’d sell him. We spoke for a bit and I just told him that he could come get him because my time was short and he needed to be hunted but I’d like a pup later down the road. Well, it’s puppy time so I’d asked about the coming litter. We spoke for a while and he asked me if I’d be interested in taking Koal back and the short of it is, I WAS ELATED! But, had to talk to the girls first because they were wanting a puppy. When I told them we’d be going to get the pup soon they were excited. Then when I mentioned that we could get Koal back, they flipped. Both girls were on board with the idea and even more excited than I was which made the final decision so much easier. Getting a great dog back that will be hunt ready and requires zero additional training other than getting used to being around me again. Wife and I are leaving Sunday after church and headed to pick him up and get him back where he belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Coming back home
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »
 That’s Great
I wish you the best of luck with him
I love hunting with a dog. 
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »

He’s a very well bred mountain feist from one of the best unknown breeders on the east coast in my opinion. Mr. Sandstrom has produced some amazing dogs but just doesn’t get his name out there like he should because he doesn’t competition hunt his dogs. They’re straight up hunting dogs though and a man would be hard pressed to find a better dog anywhere in my opinion.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »
That’s Great
I wish you the best of luck with him
I love hunting with a dog.
Best way to do it honestly.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:16:40 AM »
Congrats brother and best of luck with him. Be sure to share some reuniting pics with us. Best regards.