OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whose slate call would you choose?

Started by larry9988, May 20, 2018, 02:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonD.

Quote from: larry9988 on May 20, 2018, 02:41:20 PM
If you were looking to spend $100 or less and did not want to be put on a long waiting list, whose slate call would you recommend and what wood choice for the pot. Call could be either custom or production calls.

I found myself in the same situation here in the last few weeks. I listened to a great deal of sound files and youtube videos of call makers and ended up ordering a couple of calls from Mr. Lonnie Sneed. His Outlaw Hen glass call, and Hot Hen slate call. Haven't gotten them yet, but just from the videos I've watched they sound just like a real hen turkey to me.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

larry9988

I had one of his Hot Hen Slates and I loaned it to a friend of mine. His house burned and my call was burned up too. It was a really good slate.

JonD.

Man I hate to hear that about your friends house. Definitely not a good way to lose a good turkey call.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpy

Quote from: larry9988 on May 24, 2018, 09:30:41 PM
I had one of his Hot Hen Slates and I loaned it to a friend of mine. His house burned and my call was burned up too. It was a really good slate.
Hope everyone got out ok.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

larry9988

They all made it. It actually burned when they were not at home. They came home and everything was gone.