OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Carlsons .675 and Indian Creek .675, any difference?  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Cluckncrazy

Carlsons .675 and Indian Creek .675, any difference?
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:12:55 PM »
I've got a Carlsons .675 tube on my 835 now and I'm happy with how it shoots, just curious if there would be much difference in performance with the Indian Creek tube. I can't imagine there would be much difference just wondering if anybody had compared them. I'm currently shooting Winchester Double X 3.5 inch #5 shot but want to try some Hevi 13 3.5 #7 shot to hopefully get even better patterns.

Offline wvhunter74

Re: Carlsons .675 and Indian Creek .675, any difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
Try a pure gold .670 with those 3.5 7’s you won’t be disappointed.

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
They will definitely perform differently. Every choke performs differently even with the same restrictions. IC more so then others due to the wad catchers.

Offline Cluckncrazy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:56:27 PM »
Yeah the pure gold is on my wish list for sure, it seems to be highly recommended from what I've read.

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »
Pure gold is my favorite for my 835. With that said. My friend just bought a carlsons longbeard choke. I believe 683 restriction. I told him he was crazy. Well we put it up against my PG with longbeard 5's and the longbeard choke was substantially better. The theory is that longbeard shot is encased in a resin for long range performance. The tight restriction breaks the resin apart sooner therefore not getting the results that can be had. I would not have believed it if I was not the one shooting . Something to think about.

Offline Cluckncrazy

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »
I'm hoping I can find a choke/load combination I'm happy with it and just hunt with it, but I enjoy shooting and trying different combinations so the odds are against that. It's fun and maddening at the same time! I've already got a pretty good combo and here I am looking for advice on more combinations. It's a sickness!

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »
I'm hoping I can find a choke/load combination I'm happy with it and just hunt with it, but I enjoy shooting and trying different combinations so the odds are against that. It's fun and maddening at the same time! I've already got a pretty good combo and here I am looking for advice on more combinations. It's a sickness!
Glad to know I am not the only one that has the sickness!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott