OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal TSS velocity difference  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Remturkey

Federal TSS velocity difference
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »
Postd this in the general forum also.

Does anyone know why Federal would load their 20 gauge TSS #7's at 1200 fps and their TSS #9's at 1000 fps and label them as reduced recoil?  I looked on Federal's website and they do not list a higher velocity 20 gauge #9 load either.  Would it have to do with penetration from the tiny #9's and safety?

Also is there any pellet count difference in the now discontinued Heavyweight #7, 1.5oz 20g load and the new TSS #7, 1.5 oz ??

I was fortunate to get my hands on a few boxes of both and was curious.  Thanks for any help

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Federal TSS velocity difference
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:07:29 AM »
You are correct no high velocity 9's at least yet, tss will maintain speed a little better then lead and other loads down range so not as big a deal but still disappointing.

Yes less pellets in tss 7 then HW7 due to higher weight of each pellet guys are getting less on paper at the range as well but while they might not light up the patterning board I'm sure they hit like tiny sledge hammers flying through the air if you can get an even dispersement.

Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>