OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mike Lapp turkey calls  (Read 8452 times)

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
Mike Lapp turkey calls
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:32 PM »
I ordered a push pin call from Mike and was wondering if anyone on here uses his stuff and could tell me if they’re worth the wait and price? Thanks

Offline turkeymanjim

Re: Mike Lapp turkey calls
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:43:32 AM »
Most definitely. Nicest guy u ever want to meet. Great quality calls. I have 2 long boxes from him, and a push pin. U won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline NCSWAMPFOX

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »
Bought one for oldest daughter years ago and has been demise of several long beards. Definitely worth it.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:52 AM »
I ordered a push pin call from Mike and was wondering if anyone on here uses his stuff and could tell me if they’re worth the wait and price? Thanks

Yes. Anything Mike makes for someone has to meet his standards, which are very high. Great guy to boot!!!

Offline SJ Strutter

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »
Totally!! I own several short, long, scratchers and push pins and all I can say is YES!! Well worth the wait! Quality calls and an even better person!! Don't come much better!  :icon_thumright:
Tri County Longbeards Chapter President
United Bowhunters of NJ
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
Yep, Mike is his own worst critic. Anything that comes out of Mike's shop will be top notch in both sound and craftsmanship.
The wait is worth it!

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
yes Sir, I have a hand full of Mike's calls and each one is top shelf.  My short box call is really my go to call and always comes through for me.  His calls have pure turkey personality in them and worth a place in your vest.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline VGJ5

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
Yes on both! I have one of Mike's push pins (as well as short boxes, long boxes, and single siders) and it's top notch.  His leopardwood canarywood short box is one of my all time favorites.
"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
I have one of Mikes push pins. Fantastic call, always with me. You will love it. I am on Shannon’s list for one of his famous calls. Can’t wait to get that baby.....
“Solo hunter”