OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bad news that pretty much ends my season.  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Bad news that pretty much ends my season.
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »
I got some bad news today about our van which means my season pretty much over.

Unfortunately the van needs more than $600.00 work and the simple truth of the matter is the tires on it are worth more than the entire van itself, so we are not going to get it repaired, we are going to have to save up to get something else but that will take a few months as I am on disability and she is retired.

The hard part is I live in the country so getting things done is going to become pretty rough, there is not even a store around for 6 miles and the other one that comes to mind is getting laundry done as I do not have washer dryer hookups here.

I am really depressed because after getting back in the woods 2 years ago after missing out on 17 years of hunting due to injuries and missing last season with the shoulder surgery I was really looking forward to this season and now it is pretty much over unless my friends let me borrow a vehicle. I am also upset because I have been trying to get the vehicle into get checked since Dec. and she would not do it (Hers so by NY law she has to do it) and if it had been done back then when I wanted we could have scraped it, kept the tires and had something else to drive by now if only a beater for the time being so I am frustrated with her which I know I should not be but I am.

If you would say prayers for both of us I would appreciate it, she started crying on the phone with the mechanic and that bothers me more than anything because we both have physical limitations and have to have a vehicle where we live. More where I live than were she lives, she lives in town and can walk to some places but that means we can't be together but I want her to stay there so I know she has amenities.

I have been homeless before and have gone without food and all but I don't want her to have to go without food so I talked her into going home and made here take some food and money with her. I have stuff for a few days and some money in the bank that I was saving to repair the car so I just need to get a ride into town and I will have more. I am sure if my Deacon is not busy and his wife is feeling well (She has been going through cancer) that he will give me a ride to get stuff and if not I will ask my Pastor.

Anyway if you would say a prayer I would be grateful, especially for her please.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
Re: Bad news that pretty much ends my season.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
Prayers sent!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Prayers sent!
Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:29:13 PM »
Prayers Sent, Hope things work out a bit better for the both of you

MK M GOBL

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 06:39:33 PM »
Prayers Sent, Hope things work out a bit better for the both of you

MK M GOBL
Thanks Shannon, I do appreciate it.

John Koenig:

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 09:07:07 PM »
Prayers sent...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:20:00 PM »
Prayers sent...
Thank you.

John Koenig:

Offline JonD.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 07:27:13 PM »
Praying for you both.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 07:44:21 PM »
Praying for you both.
Thanks, looks like opening day was the only day I am going to get out. Next year will be better.

John Koenig:

Offline Turkeyhunter

• As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
Will be praying for you. God always shows up when we least expect it!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »
Will be praying for you. God always shows up when we least expect it!
Thank you very much. I did make another post after this, a friend has been kind enough to loan me his vehicle so I am going to be able to finish out the week anyway. I would have been able to use it longer but his breaks blew out so he had to get it fixed and it was gone for a week. Here is a link to that thread and we could still uses the prayers, we have to find something to carry us through winter anyway and I live in a small town with 308 people in it so there is not much here and we need to get wheels. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,83949.msg812995.html#msg812995

John Koenig: