OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Good news for the Greenleaf lovers...  (Read 11754 times)

Offline fshboy007

Good news for the Greenleaf lovers...
« on: May 14, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
I emailed Mossy Oak graphics to inquire about a re-release of Greenleaf. They wrote me back to tell me that it's in final stages of approval and should be released in a month or so.  My next question was  " Any talks about Remington releasing guns again with the pattern"... Waiting on that answer

Basically at worse case scenario we will have a gun wrap kit back at our disposal .

Sleep easy boys , there's a light at the end of the gunbroker black market of greenleaf .  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Joey

Offline buzzardroost

Re: Good news for the Greenleaf lovers...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »
Great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:23:03 PM »
I better wait on getting the BPS dipped. Been thinking about Obsession but need to pull up for a bit.

Offline dms2511

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »
That's great news. Will be in nteresting to see what it does to the value of all these over priced original green leaf guns that are bringing $2,000 plus on  gunbroker.com. I would have to think that bringing the pattern back out again greatly lowers the demand which will certainly impact value?

Offline fshboy007

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
yeah Im sure it will. Mossy oak did a great job of hitting all our soft spots with re-releasing GF. People get wild with nostalgia.

The best part of it all is that that pattern, STILL works and looks so awesome.

:fud: :OGani:

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
Definitely good news to old school Mossyoak fans. I just hope the pattern they release is really the same .I notice all the newly dipped " Original  Bottomland " guns look off like the gray in the background is too light almost looks white in the sun. Don't know if it is a primer issue or the actual film but I've not seen any of the new dipped guns that look like the originals. Also for some reason a lot of the new dipped guns have the pattern running up and down from bottom of the reciever to top instead of the length of gun from buttplate to choke tube looks weird to someone that has an original.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Is Mossy Oak going to approve the releas of Greenleaf for gun dipping or just the vinyl wrap?

Offline fshboy007

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
that I dont know. My exact question was " Please tell me there is talks of releasing the Greenleaf pattern back?"

The person who wrote me back was Mike Allred which is the Account Manager of Mossy Oak Graphics 24680 Mound Rd Warren MI 48091

his email is mallred@qdvllc.com if anyone wants to email him.

Offline casersmcdoo

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
I have an acquaintance that works at Mossy Oak and he said last week they are talking about releasing the film to have guns dipped. As far as the value goes on the old ones, I don't see it knocking it down a whole lot. I know myself, I will still pay a lot better money for Original USA made jackets instead of the $20 cheap stuff they produce today. I think a lot of the prices on Gunbroker are fake and don't get paid for. People just bumping up the "market". Anywho, the new film is not going to match the old stuff just like the new OG bottomland doesn't look near as good as the original but is still a cool option to have and I am sure I will have one or two dipped!

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
I know for a fact that the 1187 Greenleaf that sold on Gunbroker a few weeks ago for $2,000 was legit because my buddy sold it.

Offline yelpaholic

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
skfooter i got a steal on the one i bought from you a few years ago then.. lol    :OGturkeyhead:

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Glad to hear they are bringing it back.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 08:09:11 PM »
Wonder why they can't remake the patterns just like the original? Surely it's no cheaper to make the film in "almost" the same colors.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
It can match the old, just depends on the base color used before applying the film.

Hopefully one of the dippers will play around with it to find out what color that may be.

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »
It can match the old, just depends on the base color used before applying the film.

Hopefully one of the dippers will play around with it to find out what color that may be.

ME TOO!  :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life