OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Mt. Maryland

Started by Hatchet Jack, May 13, 2018, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatchet Jack

Hello from South Mt. Maryland. Nestled between West Virginia and Pennsyltucky along the Appalachian Trail.
Started hunting turkeys in the mid 80's. Was something to fill void between deer seasons. Turned into another addiction. Spring Turkey is my favorite. Wish the season was longer.
Called in for my 14 yr old son his 1st gobbler last Saturday. Got it all on film. Talk about exciting. 
Two weeks ago had my 1st double kill with a buddy of mine. We killed 2 nice long beards 10 min before sunrise as they strutted together in front of our decoys. Almost 10 minutes after watching them fly off the roost.
Been a good season so far. Looking forward to filling my 2nd tag before the season ends.

Just found this site last week. Looking forward to some good stories and information from some experienced hunters.

Sir-diealot

Welcome Hatchet Jack (Great movie, debating whether to upgrade it to Blu-ray or not) Nice to have you here. I am sure we all wish the season was longer :D

Never had any kids so I can only imagine how great that must have made you feel. I have yet to get my first turkey but am really looking forward to it.

Congratulations on the double with your friend and good luck with that other tag.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Welcome. And congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

mgm1955