OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Handcrafted hen box/fiddlebox/Stribling, short box and longbox holsters ....  (Read 18505 times)

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
After a bit of head scratching, a bit of cutting and sewing, over 7,000 miles travelled by our prototype holster, some rigorous field testing by a very gracious and insightful Rapscallion Vermillion, and a bit more trimming............................

We have come up with, what we feel, will be a very handy holster, made to our "built-like-a-tank" standards, to fit most any hen box size.  It has a 3-position retention strap that secures on a brass post.  Four strips of lamb's wool snugs and protects the call on the inside.  The loop is made to fit belts to 1 3/4".  And each holster is tastefully imprinted with our signature strutting gobbler.

What has come to light in the months following the debut of this holster is that some customers are getting back to me commenting on how good the fit is for their Watkins fiddleboxes and Eddleman Stribling calls as well.  Without any alteration, one fellow described the fiddlebox fit as somewhere "Between good and great.  It's a great added bonus and I will be using it to hunt with mine for sure !!"

The front:

The back:

Inside:

The closure:

A Hudson box in the prototype holster. (Photo courtesy of Rapscallion Vermillion) :

A Fulkerson box in the prototype holster. (Photo courtesy of Rapscallion Vermillion) :

A Watkins fiddlebox in the holster: (Photo courtesy of Pooh4459)

And the fiddlebox again: (Photo courtesy of Pooh4459)

We are happy to be able to offer these holsters on this site at the same price point as our short box and paddle caller holsters.

$45 TYD     

PayPal is preferred.  But I have done postal money order and probably could again.

Thanks for looking !!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:02:12 PM by Yoder409 »
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
Re: Handcrafted hen box holsters are here
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:23:45 PM »
Hey Yoder, here are some pics showing the fit on the prototype with your final trimming on the strap:

Richard Hudson Hen Box

Matt Fulkerson Hen Box

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 07:06:11 PM »
well done

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »
Very nice!!

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
I’ll take one. Sent you a PM for your PayPal info.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »
I need two.  PM sent.

Offline Dark Whiskey

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 04:55:24 PM »
After a bit of head scratching, a bit cutting and sewing, over 7,000 miles travelled by our prototype holster, some rigorous field testing by a very gracious and insightful Rapscallion Vermillion, and a bit more trimming............................

We have come up with, what we feel, will be a very handy holster, made to our "built-like-a-tank" standards, to fit most any hen box size.  It has a 3-position retention strap that secures on a brass post.  Four strips of lamb's wool snugs and protects the call on the inside.  The loop is made to fit belts to 1 3/4".  And each holster is tastefully imprinted with our signature strutting gobbler. 

The front:

The back:

Inside:

The closure:

A Hudson box in the prototype holster. (Photo courtesy of Rapscallion Vermillion) :

A Fulkerson box in the prototype holster. (Photo courtesy of Rapscallion Vermillion) :

We are happy to be able to offer these holsters on this site at the same price point as our short box and paddle caller holsters.

$45 TYD     

PayPal is preferred.  But I have done postal money order and probably could again.

Thanks for looking !!!

P.M. sent

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
All PMs answered.

Thank you !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 09:14:48 PM »
Pm sent.

Online letinmfly

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
Received mine today and I am extremely pleased with the craftsmanship and fit of my hen box in this holster.  Keeps the call secure, protected and quiet.  Highly recommend this holster for anyone who has has the style of henboxes they were designed for. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
This holster is well built and really secures the box. I am super confident when I do take my hen boxes they will be protected. No play once in holster and I find the leather is just firm enough to protect from dings. Great job! Awesome all around piece of equipment!

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »
Thank you for all the kind words, fellers !!!  The reviews have been very positive.

We have currently sold out our first run.

A second run is in the works.  I'm hoping two weeks or less.  If you are wanting one, go ahead and PM me as the list for the upcoming batch has begun.

Thanks to all for the incredibly positive response !!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:44:13 PM by Yoder409 »
PA elitist since 1979

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Handcrafted hen box holsters are here....but temporarily sold out.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
Quick question, I would like to pick one up by next season but just noticed the wool being used and was wondering if something else could be used instead as I am allergic to wool? Thank you for your time.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 08:14:34 AM »
I am fairly certain there would be a (suitable ?) synthetic substitute.   We use the wool for it's iron-like durability.   But if a guy can't use it, that does him little good.  I am going to be seeing my partner in a few hours.  He's the expert on that end of it.  I'll see what he may have up his sleeve to accommodate your need when you are ready to order.

Thank you for your interest !!!
PA elitist since 1979

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 08:55:25 AM »
I am fairly certain there would be a (suitable ?) synthetic substitute.   We use the wool for it's iron-like durability.   But if a guy can't use it, that does him little good.  I am going to be seeing my partner in a few hours.  He's the expert on that end of it.  I'll see what he may have up his sleeve to accommodate your need when you are ready to order.

Thank you for your interest !!!
Thank you. No hurry on getting it, I will not be able to get it until around November anyway, I just wanted to know for sure. Thanks again.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."