OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

which would you choose....I chose this one

Started by sswv, May 12, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

post turkey season boredom setting in a little so I'm thinking about next season and another turkey gun. lets say both are Remington's with 21" vent rib RemChoke barrels and 3" chambers. Both have matt black finish and synthetic stock and forends.  One is an 1100 LT 20ga Magnum and the other an 11-87 Sportsman youth 20ga.  if you could buy either for the same money which would you choose, and why?

thanks in advance for your opinions

10gaugemag

11-87 for aftermarket parts support.

BrowningGuy88

1100 LT if it had good bluing and nice wood but in the configuration you're talking about the 11-87 for parts.

sswv

I went with the 1100 LT 20ga MAG.  For the same money I got it with 2 barrels, 3 choke tubes and a gun case.  Only thing aftermarket I'd be needing is a ShurShot stock and I'm pretty sure the same stock that fits 870 and 11-87 will also fit the 1100? I also like the fact that it's matt black with factory camo stock and forend.  I know I'd be satisfied with either one but the 1100 deal was just to good to turn down.

thanks for the replies

ShootingABN!

Quote from: sswv on May 12, 2018, 01:20:43 PM
I went with the 1100 LT 20ga MAG.  For the same money I got it with 2 barrels, 3 choke tubes and a gun case.  Only thing aftermarket I'd be needing is a ShurShot stock and I'm pretty sure the same stock that fits 870 and 11-87 will also fit the 1100? I also like the fact that it's matt black with factory camo stock and forend.  I know I'd be satisfied with either one but the 1100 deal was just to good to turn down.

thanks for the replies

I have one the camo is Advantage. Federal premium #5 was the ticket, then I switched to Nitro's. The gun is VA I don't remember the size choke.... But it's a good one.  ;)

Have fun with it.

sswv

hey ShootingABN!    if/when you get a chance would you let me know that choke brand and size please?   if the 1100 shoots anywhere near as good as my 21" 870 I will beyond happy.  I have several chokes to try and buying/trading for a couple more is part of the fun. I know my 870 with the Trulock and heavy 7's is simply deadly but I want another gun set-up for LB's #6 if possible but if it likes #5 better that's fine too.  at least I can run to town anytime and buy them.

ShootingABN!

No problem brother the choke is a Hasting, non ported. I'll look I might be able to find the size on the package....

When I got that gun over 10 years ago. I tried 4,5,6 Federal premium, and Winchester Double X, then suprem. Hands down Federal grand slam was the winner #5. Then I got on the Nitro custom shells, they did even better. That gun was for my first wife and Son.

okay I found out.... Hastings non ported choke .570 (lead only) however I shoot Nitro out of it.... The Nitro was bought 2007 H276 #4x5x7 They make H276C (so I'm assuming "C" is the 3rd genaration of that shell). 

Over the summer I'm going to put a regular size stock on it for my Son. I might call Nitro and Sumtoy and see what they say.... So a new choke will be in our future also. If you find a winner let us know. ;)

Hope this helps.

sswv

thanks for the info. I have a variety of chokes right now and am gathering up different ammo to try. I know my 870 20ga with those HW #7's is one deadly combination but the ol bait & switch from federal left me wanting to try everything BUT federal. I know in my 12's the Winchester LB's just aren't really fair to the turkey, so to speak.  anyway, if I land on that winner I'll sure pass it on.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: sswv on May 12, 2018, 06:41:49 PM
thanks for the info. I have a variety of chokes right now and am gathering up different ammo to try. I know my 870 20ga with those HW #7's is one deadly combination but the ol bait & switch from federal left me wanting to try everything BUT federal. I know in my 12's the Winchester LB's just aren't really fair to the turkey, so to speak.  anyway, if I land on that winner I'll sure pass it on.

Awesome.

sswv

well' here it is. a Remington 1100  LT 20 MAGNUM with a 21" double bead vent rib barrel. It is matt black with Skyline Apparition camo stock and forend.  The LOP is 12 3/4"s and there are no factory sling studs. I'm liking it but I've been an 870 guy for so many years I don't know if I can get use to it.

owlhoot

DeWayne Knight

Quote from: sswv on May 12, 2018, 01:20:43 PM

thanks for the replies

This is what I ordered for mine: https://www.opticsplanet.com/remington-model-870-shurshot-synthetic-stock-20-gauge-black-19533.html

This buttstock will fit the 20 gauge 1100, 11-87, and of course the 870. I'm obviously not using the fore end on my 11-87, but for the money I'm happy with the end result.