North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Saturday April 23,2011 From The Cross To a A Tomb

Started by mmims, April 22, 2011, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

From The Cross to a Tomb

History's most horrific day had just passed, The Crucifixion of Jesus!  Now What?

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:  6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.  7After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Don't skip over the second line of the Scripture: "He was buried." The burial is the death certificate of Christ. We don't bury people who are alive; we bury people who are dead. And Jesus was dead. Dead and buried.

To be dead is one thing...to be dead and buried is another. Buried means, "beyond hope." Saturday is harder than Friday. Friday is full of drama and peril; but though it is awful, there is still the glimmer of hope that there might be a miracle. But Saturday there is nothing. Nothing to do but to face the fact that all is lost. Friday has its horrific shock, but Saturday is more cruel still, because on Saturday the shock wears off and the devastating reality sets in. Many people are familiar with Tony Campolo's famous sermon, It's Friday, But Sunday's Coming! But before Sunday comes, we have to endure Saturday. (Zhand,06)

Friday He Suffered , and paid the price for our sins.
Saturday he faced the grave and separation from God and conquered death from the grips of Hell!
Sunday...Well it's a coming...to be continued...(can hardly wait Pappy)

Bro. Mike

BOFF

Wonderful devotion and continuation/set up.

Well done Mike!!  Well Done!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)