OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Back in the action..  (Read 2747 times)

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Back in the action..
« on: May 10, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »
 Sneak in.. Set up.. Birds are going crazy as the sky gets light. I was tickled pink, thinking I'll be having flap Jacks by 7. All of a sudden, a bird starts making all the sounds we don't like 20 yards in back of me on the roost. Im under a large oak and she can't pick me off... YET.. the stand off lasted till a quarter till 8. I'm thinking WTH.. It got real quiet for 20 or so.. So let me take a peek.. She has to be on the ground by now..Nope! still on the roost.. and she was a he.. A jake who still didn't bust.. Im thinking... I have to flush this bird to get a chance at the others. I stand and step out from behind the large oak.. He flushes. At least 6 different toms a are still going nuts not too far off. And still on there roost! I sit in silence for a short while, for a good half hour (thinking)... Thats it, I'm changing the direction on my attack. We heard that one before lol.. Sneaking out I cut across an old logging road and slip down to the lower end of the the property, all under some good cover. Now, All settled in... I Call once.. nothing. Wait.. Call again AND... GrrrrrrObbleObbleObble. The rest was history. He was on a string and hot all the way in.  Then at 10 am,  Boooom!

I think I'm liking this new 20 thing. Enjoy the photos.

A solid 2 year old.
21.11 Lbs
7/8"
7/8"
9.5"
Not an upgrade

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:40:08 PM by TrackeySauresRex »
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Back in the action..
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:06:39 AM »
Nice bird.  And I agree.  They come better to a twenty, they aren’t scared of them.

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:22:01 AM »
Congrats on the bird. Nice season you're having. And I'm in the 20 club too.....I love mine!

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »

Nice bird.  And I agree.  They come better to a twenty, they aren’t scared of them.

:agreed:  :lol:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline Deputy 14

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 06:19:42 PM »
Heck yes man that’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline suburbhunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 09:27:56 PM »
NICE!!!  :dancingturkey:

Offline WildSpur

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 03:55:31 AM »
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
Maybe that's been my problem the last 2 seasons. I don't have a 20. :lol: BUT, I plan to have one by next season, in fact, I have the line on one and will find out next week.
Congrats Trackey!! :icon_thumright: Glad to see you having a good season. It gives me hope for next year.