Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Back in the action..

Started by TrackeySauresRex, May 10, 2018, 06:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Sneak in.. Set up.. Birds are going crazy as the sky gets light. I was tickled pink, thinking I'll be having flap Jacks by 7. All of a sudden, a bird starts making all the sounds we don't like 20 yards in back of me on the roost. Im under a large oak and she can't pick me off... YET.. the stand off lasted till a quarter till 8. I'm thinking WTH.. It got real quiet for 20 or so.. So let me take a peek.. She has to be on the ground by now..Nope! still on the roost.. and she was a he.. A jake who still didn't bust.. Im thinking... I have to flush this bird to get a chance at the others. I stand and step out from behind the large oak.. He flushes. At least 6 different toms a are still going nuts not too far off. And still on there roost! I sit in silence for a short while, for a good half hour (thinking)... Thats it, I'm changing the direction on my attack. We heard that one before lol.. Sneaking out I cut across an old logging road and slip down to the lower end of the the property, all under some good cover. Now, All settled in... I Call once.. nothing. Wait.. Call again AND... GrrrrrrObbleObbleObble. The rest was history. He was on a string and hot all the way in.  Then at 10 am,  Boooom!

I think I'm liking this new 20 thing. Enjoy the photos.

A solid 2 year old.
21.11 Lbs
7/8"
7/8"
9.5"
Not an upgrade

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Hayudog

Nice bird.  And I agree.  They come better to a twenty, they aren't scared of them.

Mountainburd

Congrats on the bird. Nice season you're having. And I'm in the 20 club too.....I love mine!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Hayudog on May 11, 2018, 01:06:39 AM
Nice bird.  And I agree.  They come better to a twenty, they aren't scared of them.

:agreed:  :lol:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Deputy 14

Heck yes man that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suburbhunter

WildSpur

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

RutnNStrutn

Maybe that's been my problem the last 2 seasons. I don't have a 20. :lol: BUT, I plan to have one by next season, in fact, I have the line on one and will find out next week.
Congrats Trackey!! :icon_thumright: Glad to see you having a good season. It gives me hope for next year.