OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any Winchester SX3 owners??

Started by 10gaugemag, May 08, 2018, 09:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I have a 26" barrel on my SX3 20. I put a sumtoy on it that people on here say that is where it's at and found out it was not where it's at. I tried the federal heavyweight 7's and wasn't impressed nor would it pass by my standards as a killing pattern past 30 yds. But I used some Winchester LBXR 5's and it will get it out to 40 yds.

10gaugemag

Quote from: bigbird on May 28, 2018, 08:59:33 PM
I have a 26" barrel on my SX3 20. I put a sumtoy on it that people on here say that is where it's at and found out it was not where it's at. I tried the federal heavyweight 7's and wasn't impressed nor would it pass by my standards as a killing pattern past 30 yds. But I used some Winchester LBXR 5's and it will get it out to 40 yds.
Which Sumtoy and is that the choke you are using with the LB #5s?

mrclif

I have a 26" sx3 running handloaded #9 Tss. Carlson. 568 longbeard choke has had the best all round pattern out of the chokes I've purchased .560 gobbling thunder, carlson superfull flush turkey choke .585(2nd best), primos right wad is what I've tried so far. Only factory loaded shell I've patterned was magblends and they did surprisingly well with the .568 and pattern woulda killed further than y'all talk bout here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bigbird

I have a .562 choke from sum toy and I just ordered the Carlson 575 to try it out.

10gaugemag

Quote from: mrclif on May 29, 2018, 01:17:17 AM
I have a 26" sx3 running handloaded #9 Tss. Carlson. 568 longbeard choke has had the best all round pattern out of the chokes I've purchased .560 gobbling thunder, carlson superfull flush turkey choke .585(2nd best), primos right wad is what I've tried so far. Only factory loaded shell I've patterned was magblends and they did surprisingly well with the .568 and pattern woulda killed further than y'all talk bout here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Whose load are you using? I do see somebody mention those Magblends from time to time.

So far I have a .555 Swarm and have a .570 Titewad and a .585 Trulock on the way.

Have some #9 TSS to load and have some 3" Hevi-13 in 6s to try. I am sure between all of this I can find something that is killer capable.

mrclif

I've been running Hal's 20xl load for several years.