OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vinyl wrap opinions

Started by Terry, May 07, 2018, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

Anyone have any experience with the camoflauge vinyl wraps for shotguns? I am wondering how easy they are to apply and how well they hold up. Any negatives to them?

Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

eddie234

I wrapped my 20ga, no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

captpete

I used the Mossy Oak vinyl wrap kit on an 1187 20ga. It took me about 2 -2 1/2 hrs. to do it. I probably could have done it quicker, I really took my time to get it almost perfect. When I was done, it looked like the had been dipped, except for couple of small wrinkles that I just couldn't get out. I had it on the gun for 3yrs with no issues. I only used the gun a couple weeks during the spring each year so I really can't say how durable it is, but my gut feeling is it will hold up very well. It did hold up to Hoppe's No. 9 solvent, but at the same time I didn't soak it in the solvent either. When I took it off, the gun looked just like it did when I put it on.
The only issue/complaint I had was it made the slightly slippery with certain gloves...jersery or fleece gloves were the worst. I would put it on again without any hesitation.

ShootingABN!

Check out this how to video right hand side of page.... It might be helpful for you. ;)

www.mossyoakgraphics.com/shotgun-wrap-mossy-oak-camo-gun-skin

mmorgan9812

Been doing gun wraps for a little bit now and I am learning everytime.  Here are a few examples of how good wraps can turn out

ltprod

Quote from: mmorgan9812 on June 16, 2018, 08:53:25 PM
Been doing gun wraps for a little bit now and I am learning everytime.  Here are a few examples of how good wraps can turn out

Looking real good can I send u mine!!!!!

Where did you get the original bottomland from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmorgan9812

I order all my wraps in Mossy Oak from mossyoakgraphics.com . I have also found that realtree has started doing the same with their patterns on realtree's website

kdfester

I know it's not on a gun but I wrapped my Yeti tumbler in a mossy oak kit and it has has amazed me.  It's in and out of cup holders, fell off my truck toolbox on the blacktop a couple times and has just a small nick in the finish.  It was neat to apply. Heat helps since it wasnt a true cylinder.  If you mess it up can pull it up and reapply.  Very affordable also.  Only fault I saw was probably my own. If you stretch it too far it gives the camo a light spot that is barely noticeable.

Gobble!

Seen some real nice ones here over the years. Great videos on youtube with tips.

Turkeytider

Haven`t used vinyl but until I got my camo 870 Super Mag I wrapped my Remington V3 in camo self adhesive gauze. It`s just an application of the self-sticking bandage. Very easy to apply, no adhesive residue on the gun. Probably easier application than vinyl. Only drawback was that I think it`s best to unwrap at the end of the day when/if the wrap gets wet. Don`t think it`s good to leave it on overnight. Let it dry and reuse.

rdjustham

Anyone ever wrapped a camo dipped gun? Any ill effects after removing the vinyl?

Xringer07

I just ordered a shotgun kit from GunSkins and did my Winchester 1300 in Kryptek Highlander. I really like the matte finish of the wrap. Installation definitely favors the detail-oriented. Very doable though by watching the installation videos they've made. Definitely a fun project!

fmf