OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sorry I've been absent (season update)  (Read 2751 times)

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
Sorry I've been absent (season update)
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »
First off, I apologize.  Work has been crazy busy and combine that with turkey season and I don't have a lot of time to get on here.  So here is an update on my season.  I started my season off in Iowa during an absolutely freezing cold, snow filled youth and 1st season.  Couldn't get my kids on a bird during youth season.  Opening day of 1st season started off with a bang as I called a bird in and filmed as my dad killed on a cold, extremely windy morning.  I hunted all 4 days of 4th season, including the 3rd day in which we got about 8" of snow.  On the last day I helped my buddy kill a bird, but for the first time in several year, I failed to fill one of my Iowa tags.

Then it was off to North Dakota.  I had a 4 day hunt out there and I was fortunate enough to take 2 toms.  However, I didn't have everything I needed on my to score them proper for the contest.  I was ok with this as I knew I'd shoot a bigger one back home or in Minnesota.

Back in Iowa for 4th season and I killed a beauty on the 2nd day.  I posted him on the contest.  I killed him on one of those perfect spring mornings, a little bit of fog, but no wind and perfect temps.  He came in gobbling the whole way, although I couldn't see him till he was about 20 yards out.  All in all its been a great spring so far.  I got a trip to Minnesota planned for this coming weekend, then back home to finish Iowa's season by trying to get my boy his first bird.  Pics below.

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Sorry I've been absent (season update)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
 Here are some pics from my trip to North Dakota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 07:57:16 PM »
These pics are of my iowa season. The one is my dad with his 1st season bird. The others are of my 4th season bird.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
Man what a year!!!  Thanks for the update and the pics. Congrats on a fun season and continued hunt! 

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 06:42:27 PM »
Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »
That’s great.

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »
Congrats on a great season.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.