OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NEW "Stumpy" - Ceramic by Chad Hutcheson REVIEW  (Read 13440 times)

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: NEW "Stumpy" - Ceramic by Chad Hutcheson REVIEW
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:16 PM »
Another winning combo from Chad. This is quartersawn sycamore (which looks pretty cool, once you really look), and easily rivals the walnut ceramic - this might even have an edge. I don't often double-down on calls, but these ceramics are the exception.

Chad is a great guy to deal with, and stands behind his work 100%.

I'll try to get a soundbite next decent day out.

Update / REVIEW:

Chad’s Quartersawn Sycamore Ceramic is a new combo that easily rivals his walnut pot. It has a great full-body sound that really makes it shine. It sounds turkey. Like ”Outdoors” said, ceramic calls have come a long way.

Chad’s calls play well across the entire surface - making them very user friendly. You can condition a small area with a stone, or just run it anywhere. You can get several tones or pitches out of the call, and add as much or as little high front that you like. The call also plays equally well when playing soft.

I was never a real fan of blonde woods, but like ”Happy hooker” said, Chad could make it out of plywood or a 2x4 from Home Depot and I wouldn’t really care.

Is it the best? Nope... THAT call doesn’t exist. Is it as good as it gets? I think so. You can only stuff so many feathers in a call to make it sound turkey - and any more in this one and it would be on a nest right now...

https://youtu.be/1Tn9ai3pyIo
I got one of these second hand. Sounds awesome with a Lyman bloodwood. Will be hunting this pot next season. Easy to get great soft purrs and yelps have a great roll over that I have not gotten out of other Ceramics I have tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 12:30:18 AM »
Mine is in the mail. It won't make it in time for the last hunt of this season, but I am definitely looking forward to getting it.

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »
Imho Mr. Chad's ceramic is the best available. It is the only call i have bought 2 of to make sure i always have one to hunt. The sycamore and ambrosia maple both sound excellent. Haven't tried the walnut.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »
I hunted the walnut and birds responded well to it. I only had it for the last couple of hunts of the year. Broke down and ordered the sycamore. Im gonna be honest , this walnut jumped up in my top pot list and i own over a 100 pots. It is pure turkey. I would recommend this pot without a thought.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2018, 05:10:43 PM »
Just got mine in the mail today and this call is something special.

Never had a pot call you can run anywhere on the call and it be fully of turkey.

Only ceramic call that has made the cut to my vest.  It will be riding along side my Platz cherry slate, Corder osage glass and Dawkins aluminum next year in my vest for sure which is the highest compliment I can pay it.

Thanks Stumpy!

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Received mine today, all turkey, making room in the vest.......

Offline stumpy

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2018, 12:32:32 PM »
guys anyone out there wanting one of these ceramics let me know asap, I will be making them this week and then gonna take off for a few months and spend time with my family this summer
thanks
chad
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga