OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bloodwood and White Oak Longbox

Started by Cut*N*Run, April 22, 2011, 06:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut*N*Run

After several failed attempts over the past few years, I was finally able to make a half decent longbox for my vest. Not that pot calls are easy, but these things are a whole different animal.

The pic hides some real flaws like the fact that I drilled the hole for the lid screw right through the bottom and had to patch it up, but the bottom line is that it's good enough to take some walks with me with this spring. Thanks for looking.

M,Yingling

Nice work ! if it sounds good thats what counts ( I have drilled thur bottoms also for the screws  :lol: )
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Cut*N*Run

Yeah it's got a medium pitch, touch of rasp- I like it. There are better sounding calls for sure, but I'll take this one. One of the easiest playing boxes I've run. Plays loud and soft, good cutts, and it barely needs chalk at all.

harvester

cannonball

pappy

I gotta tell ya, you opened a whole new can of worms and you look like you're hooked worse then a big mouth bass.....really nice clean lines, and your artwork is sweet, now go prove it worthy of your vest...good luck, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

culpeper

There is nothing wrong with that call, especially if it works--nice work and a beautiful combo

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey slayer