turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Back pressure

Started by sbbow, May 02, 2018, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Was watching a video of Del's instrumental video. So my question is does back pressure apply to wingbones? I put the the wingbone between thumb an fore finger close bottom 3 fingers then cup with other hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry

I use the tip of my finger to cover a small section to create back pressure with wingbones...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chris O

That is basically how I do it like you are explaining  with a wingbone. Some trumpets but not all I block the bell with my naughty finger and cup my other hands about like you do with your wingbone. Lee Chadwick helped me with the finger blocking the bell. Some only block 1/4 of the hole other ones 3/4. Hope that makes sense. I am still learning all the time to I am no pro at all.

crow

back pressure would be the same principle for wing bones as for trumpets.

either block with part of finger like Terry mentioned or use the cupped hand method, Ralph Permar describes this in his 1/2 hr. video on youtube.

sbbow

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ

I'm right handed, so I use my left hand to hold the yelper (wingbone, Jordan or trumpet). Each caller has it's own characteristics, but for the most part, I hold the end of the call with my thumb and pointer finger and close down my other three fingers as a sound chamber. Often, when I'm hunting, that's all I ever use is the one hand. Left hand holds the call, right hand holds my gun on my knee. If I'm in a situation where I don't have to worry about being seen, I cup my right hand around my left for a bigger sound chamber and more volume and more calling options.

Just play around with each call. They are all a little different and all have a certain way they like to be played. It's not rocket science, have fun with it.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Back pressure is simply sound baffling.  I use it on trumpets but not on wingbones and Jordans. Just me I guess.  The internals and design sometimes don't require it.   
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion