OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo dipping. Who do I get...?

Started by sixbird, May 01, 2018, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Going to hydro dip my Benelli SBE II. Like the title says, who do you recommend?

DocHolliday

I used Don at CamoSolutions w/very good results.

sixbird

Thanks Doc. That's one I've been looking at. The other is Tarjac.

sixbird

ShootingABN!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: sixbird on May 01, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
Thanks Doc. That's one I've been looking at. The other is Tarjac.
I live about half and hour from Tarjac, they have an excellent reputation in the area.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lunghit

Rob Roberts did my Benelli M1. Cerakote Patriot Brown and dipped the forearm and stock. Just another option to consider.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

sixbird

Leaning toward Bottomland but one of the darker Mossyoak patterns would be good also...

sixbird

sixbird

Nice looking job Lunghit...I had quite a bit of trouble with Roberts so I wouldn't go with them. Looks like they did a nice job on yours...

dms2511

I've used other well known companies, and will only use TARJAC going forward. Hands down in my opinion the best in the business.

bigbird

I had my SBE II dipped at rob Roberts.  Won't do that again. After one season (4-5hunts) it looked awful.

Ralph-NY

10gaugemag

Glad I saw this post as I was getting ready to start my own thread asking the same.

I am needing a barrel dipped in MOBU and was wondering who to use.

Looks like a call to Tarjac is in order.

sixbird

Quote from: bigbird on May 05, 2018, 09:53:54 PM
I had my SBE II dipped at rob Roberts.  Won't do that again. After one season (4-5hunts) it looked awful.

I had some barrel work done by him and had to recamo the barrel. The pattern matched but the finish was shiny. I've lived with it but I won't say it doesn't bother me.
Like you say, I won't do that, or anything else with him again...