OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: getting closer  (Read 2103 times)

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
getting closer
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
well Team. , still yet i haven’t helped the team out . but i’m getting closer . today i got my moneys worth  . i was working a gobbler when all of a sudden  a hen with him fired up .  oh i got him now i thought so i started mocking the hen. and she was cutting a rusty or they was. so i figured if i could get her. to come fight ole tom would follow her like i had happen once. so he i am arguing with her and her with me and tom a ‘gobblin in the middle of it all and then here she came down hill. well they . two hen was raising cane with me and i give it back in high hopes the gobbler would follow . the hens traveled down hill for a good 70 yards so i figured i’d have plenty time for him to follow . the hens came all way to where i was at , i could have at one time grabbed one but ya know that gobbler never did come . i saw his fan way up on the hill but he did not follow hen . they stayed around me calling for a good 40 minutes i bet . every nerve in me was jumping from not being able to move and being all cramped up .  any way , i guess i got my moneys worth  after seeing two owls fly and light in front of me and to end it all  as the hens was still meandering around me  the crows started heckling a hawk fling all around  and tom still giving an o occasional gobble  . i wanted him to come in but i wanted them hens to go on down hill so i could shift my seating but Noooo and finally they went back up the hill .  i kinda figure the gobbler has more hens to keep him busy with him .   Once again , i am sorry boyz’ but man i’m giving it my all .  i got a week left  and i now know where this ole boy roost.  i’ll be there in da mornin

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: getting closer
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »
Man, that sounds like it was as much fun as you could have without making red. Every day you learn something new about this Knothead. He will fall soon.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: getting closer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
Sounds like a blast and also sounds like you are getting dialed in on him. Good luck!