OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SP-10 Not Cycling  (Read 7533 times)

Offline rivermafia

Re: SP-10 Not Cycling
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:44 AM »
When you remove the tube that slides over the magazine, look in the end closest to the barrel for a small o-ring.  If the o-ring is missing, it allows the tube to go too far into the action.  It will not cycle.  A buddy had this happen. 

Offline M R Ducks

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »
I had this happen and will bet that your slide extension assembly is missing the buffer.  When this happens, and you shoot a number of turkey loads, the slide extension itself, not the mag tube, will bend right in front of the forks that go into the receiver to cycle the action.  Subtle, but enough to bind the gun.  When you take off the fore stock the slide extension should freely move through the cycling range of motion.  I bet you find the forks bind.  Problem with this is that you will not be able to bend it back to shape; at least I wasn't able to.  I found a new one at Ahlmans…..  Wasn't cheap but they had one.  Buy a new one and 5 or 6 buffers.....  That and the bolt buffer are the Achille's heel of that gun.  I had a few bolt buffers made out of that hard white plastic...  still on the first one!!  Good luck

Offline robbartley

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 08:27:27 PM »
Broken my gun down and cleaned it and lubed.  Wasn't terribly dirty but there was some crud in there.  Everything looked to be in good shape.  We will see how it cycles this year.