turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

wingbone call maker?

Started by treein dixie, May 01, 2018, 04:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treein dixie

Name and contact for the best wing bone maker out of original bone.  Thanks!!

ajagkrieg

I just ordered from finbonz (steve finney) and he was great to deal with.  I also bought a Bent Creek (Kevin Rouse) used on the forums here.  It didn't come with the stand that he sends with his calls.  I messaged him on facebook and asked him if I could buy a stand.  He insisted on sending me one at no charge.  I will be ordering one from him soon.  Have not received the calls yet but im sure they will be great.  I have one from Uncle Pete's (Pete Wentworth).  It looks and sounds great.  He was also great to deal with.  All will respond through facebook messenger and are great people.  I will deal with all three in the future. 

coyote1

Tony Ezolt makes a great wing bone call. Ez here on the forum.

Terry

I have a Fred Cox I really like. I'm surprised he doesn't get more recognition for his wingbones

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

guesswho

Can't go wrong with a Mark Sharpe either.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

KentuckyHeadhunter

Tony Ezolt, Mark Sharpe, Kevin Dorsey, Lamar Williams
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Chris O

Quote from: Terry on May 01, 2018, 05:10:51 PM
I have a Fred Cox I really like. I'm surprised he doesn't get more recognition for his wingbones

He makes some beautiful calls. I haven't heard one played but would love to. I would also like to hear a Bent Creek also.

chbarnha

yall look up Big J calls on facebook, he made me a set on a trade, and I hunted the 3 bone today, they are great looking calls, but most importantly they run great too... guys name is John Morton

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Double B

Bent creek wing bones are very nicely finished and easy to run.   I also picked up a full knuckle Jr wingbone and it's a good one.
Followed by buzzards

Fatbeard

Quote from: ajagkrieg on May 01, 2018, 08:46:03 AM
I just ordered from finbonz (steve finney) and he was great to deal with.  I also bought a Bent Creek (Kevin Rouse) used on the forums here.  It didn't come with the stand that he sends with his calls.  I messaged him on facebook and asked him if I could buy a stand.  He insisted on sending me one at no charge.  I will be ordering one from him soon.  Have not received the calls yet but im sure they will be great.  I have one from Uncle Pete's (Pete Wentworth).  It looks and sounds great.  He was also great to deal with.  All will respond through facebook messenger and are great people.  I will deal with all three in the future.
Thanks for the mention. Stand will be done in a few days
East TN Beard Buster

Fatbeard

Quote from: Double B on May 01, 2018, 09:58:27 PM
Bent creek wing bones are very nicely finished and easy to run.   I also picked up a full knuckle Jr wingbone and it's a good one.
Thank you for the kind words on the Bent Creek Wingbones I appreciate it
East TN Beard Buster

Big J Custom Calls

I have been making wingbone calls for a few years now. I invite you to join my group on Facebook " Big "J" Custom Calls. I make 3 piece wingbone calls, cane yelpers, cane and wingbone yelpers and a cane wingbone striker that to call in a doubles as a yelper and striker. I inlay feathers, artwork and snake skin. I absolutely will not send you anything that I won't hang from my neck and use to call in Ol'Thunderlips.

Give me a try.
Big John Morton
Haughton Louisiana
318-455-6665
I will never send you a call that I would not hang around my neck and use to call Ol'Thunderlips with myself. I get a lot of complements about how "Pretty" my calls come out when I am done. Then I here "I'm going to put it on a shelf so it doesn't get broke." PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. I want to see hunting pictures and successful hunts with these calls. that is the ultimate complement. Thank you.

M Sharpe

Thanks Ronnie and Allen.

Sometimes those work....and sometimes they don't!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Bowguy

I'd tend to agree w the mark Mark Sharp comments. Great calls and beautiful

EZ

Quote from: Terry on May 01, 2018, 05:10:51 PM

Yes, Fred builds a great wingbone. I talked him out of one at Unicoi and it's a turkey killer.